Roger Moore was Ian Fleming’’s first choice for James Bond roleDecember 5th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 5 (ANI): Roger Moore has revealed that he was author Ian Fleming’’s first choice to play James Bond.
Moore said that he almost landed the superspy role ahead of Sean Connery but producers didnt listen to Fleming as they were casting Bond’’s 1962 debut Dr. No.
However, Moore eventually replaced the Scottish star and portrayed 007 for in seven films from 1973 to 1985.
“That’’s what they told me, at least. They also said I was Ian Fleming’’s first choice, Contactmusic quoted him, as telling Entertainment Weekly magazine.
But Ian Fleming didn”t know me from s**t. He wanted Cary Grant or David Niven,” he added. (ANI)
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Pierce Brosnan thinks he 'never really nailed' 007 role - Apr 15, 2010
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- Clint Eastwood doesn't regret turning down 007 role - Feb 11, 2010
- Being James Bonds paramour can be a deadly affair - Mar 23, 2009
- Roger Moore, David Niven never discussed James Bond's role - Sep 02, 2009
- Churchill named Britain's greatest gentleman of last century - Dec 10, 2011
- Clint Eastwood turned down 'Superman' and 'James Bond roles' - Sep 09, 2010
- Sir Sean Connery dumps public life for golf - Apr 08, 2011
- Sir Sean Connery's nude painting found among late artist's works - Nov 05, 2010
- Roger Moore pays tribute to Tom Mankiewicz - Aug 04, 2010
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- Pierce Brosnan struggled with Bond role - Apr 13, 2010