Roger Moore blasts new Bond films for being too violentNovember 13th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 13 (ANI): Former James Bond Roger Moore has blasted the latest instalments of the superspy franchise, insisting that they are too violent.
The veteran British actor, who played 007 in seven films during the 1970s and 80s, says that he isnt a huge fan of new Bond films as they are too violent.
He is disappointed at the level of brutality featured in modern day Bond films.
“I am happy to have done it, but I”m sad that it has turned so violent… That’’s keeping up with the times, it’’s what cinema-goers seem to want and it’’s proved by the box-office figures,” Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
Meanwhile, the latest Bond film Quantum of Solace, which stars Daniel Craig as the suave secret agent, has so far grossed more than 106 million dollars worldwide. (ANI)
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- James Bond is too violent now: Roger Moore - Nov 12, 2008
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Roger Moore pays tribute to Tom Mankiewicz - Aug 04, 2010
- 'Skyfall' to hit Indian screens Nov 2 (With Image) - Feb 01, 2012
- Craig reveals next Bond film's shooting date - Oct 25, 2009
- Daniel Craig vows next Bond flick will be much steamier - Nov 24, 2008
Tags: 1970s, 80s, blasts, bond film, bond films, box office figures, british actor, brutality, cinema goers, daniel craig, franchise, instalments, james bond roger moore, million dollars, new bond, quantum, roger moore, solace