Robin Williams files lawsuit over shelved movieOctober 20th, 2008 - 4:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 20 (ANI): Comedian Robin Williams has sued the bosses of a production company for not paying him the agreed amount for movie that got shelved.
The actor has filed a 3.46 million pounds breach of contract lawsuit against Frank and Beans Productions.
Williams was to star in their movie called A Couple of Dicks, which was also due to star James Gandolfini, on the condition that he received 3.46 million pounds in “fixed compensation” whether the film was made or not.
And he was also entitled to the films profits if it rakes over a set amount and turns out to be a blockbuster hit.
But, in March, Williams was told that the film had been shelved, reports The Daily Express.
Now, the actor has claimed that hasnt received a single penny from the production company’’s parent firm Gold Circle Films.
The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Oct 17 and is under Williams” company’’s name Fiat Risus, Inc.
He is looking forward to a jury trial and is seeking his 3.46 million pounds payment along with costs and other damages. (ANI)
- Bleu facing lawsuit over film promotion - Aug 06, 2011
- Robin Williams sues producers for shelved movie - Oct 20, 2008
- Cameron hit by lawsuit again over 'Avatar' - Dec 20, 2011
- Paris Hilton Owes $160,000 To World Entertainment Group? - Sep 07, 2010
- Benjamin Bratt sues movie bosses over money - Oct 23, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's Wardrobe malfunction in 'Dick and Liz' - Jun 06, 2012
- NYC Housewife Sonja Morgan blames John Travolta for her growing debt - Nov 18, 2010
- Bullock sues watch company - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Kung Fu Panda 2' breaks China records, earns 11 mn pounds - Jun 06, 2011
- Dr. Dre Sued By Paramount Recording Studios - Jul 27, 2010
- Scorsese faces lawsuit for delayed project - Aug 24, 2012
- Lohan splurges on surfing kit for brother - Aug 16, 2012
- Weinstein brothers sued for $50m for 'sabotaging' animated film - Mar 04, 2011
- HBO revisits 'Loud family' - Apr 22, 2011
- 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part I' rakes in $283 million - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: angeles superior court, blockbuster, breach of contract, circle films, comedian, contract lawsuit, daily express, damages, dicks, fiat, frank and beans, gold circle, james gandolfini, jury trial, london, los angeles superior court, profits, risus, robin williams