Robert Plant denies Led Zeppelin reunion tour reportsSeptember 30th, 2008 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 30 (ANI): Former Led Zeppelins lead singer Robert Plant has poured cold water on reports that he would join the band for a reunion tour, branding the rumours “frustrating and ridiculous.
Since the band got together for a charity gig in London , rumours have been making rounds that the band could stage a comeback tour anytime.
However, it has now emerged that Plant, who is touring the United States with Alison Krauss, is the most reluctant to reunite for the tour and statement on his website made clear his intentions.
“Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their ”Raising Sand” tour,” The Mirror quoted Plant, as stating on his website.
“After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years, he added.
Plant, who has called the reports both frustrating and ridiculous,” has wished the band success in all their future projects.
“Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin, he stated. (ANI)
- Led Zeppelin no longer the real Led Zeppelin: Robert Plant - Aug 17, 2010
- Robert Plant pours cold water Led Zeppelin reunion - Jul 15, 2008
- Nadine Coyle confirms Girls Aloud reunion - Jul 20, 2011
- Robert Plant delays Led Zeppelin reunion - Jul 15, 2008
- Led Zeppelin's future depends on Plant, says Page - Jan 01, 2010
- Robert Plant finally rules out Led Zep reunion tour - Dec 22, 2008
- Jimmy Page snub might affect Led Zeppelin reunion - Jul 24, 2008
- Robert Plant in no hurry to reunite with Led Zeppelin - Jun 13, 2008
- Robert Plant All Set To Release New Album With 'Band Of Joy' - Sep 06, 2010
- Robert Plant declines Led Zeppelin reunion fearing ''disappointment'' - Feb 05, 2009
- Led Zeppelin return to studio for first time in over 25 years - Aug 27, 2008
- Lyle Lovett performs at the White House - Nov 22, 2011
- ABBA may reunite for one-off charity gig - Jan 03, 2011
- Led Zeppelin may replace Robert Plan with new singer - Sep 21, 2008
- Robert Plan reveals he was ready to quit Led Zeppelin after son's death - Oct 31, 2010