Road rage killing sparks violence in BiharFebruary 12th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by admin
Lakhi Sarai (Bihar), Feb 12 (ANI): Residents of Patna have come out on the streets to protest against a road accident that claimed one life.
Protesters set ablaze at least 12 trucks.
The small-time shopkeeper was returning to home on his cycle when the accident took place.
According to an eyewitness, the shopkeeper died on the spot after the speeding truck hit him.
Residents alleged that the authorities allowed the truck to enter the ‘no-entry zone for heavy vehicles.
“He was heading back home after closing his shop in the evening. He was walking on a side of the road when the truck came and trampled him to death. The entry to heavy vehicles is allowed only after 9 p.m., but this truck was allowed at 6 p.m. itself,” said Sanjay Kumar, an eyewitness.
Agitated over the laxity of the authorities, residents set trucks ablaze. However, no causalities have been reported in the incidents. (ANI)
- Students vandalise vehicles in Dhaka - Jul 08, 2012
- Family of 12 killed in van-truck crash in China (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Delhi drive: 543 commercial vehicles prosecuted - Jul 13, 2011
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- IFFI kicks off Wednesday, half day in government offices - Nov 23, 2011
- Heavy rains lash Delhi; flooded roads cause jams (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Two motorcyclists killed in Delhi - Jan 22, 2012
- 17 labourers killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Eight killed in Maharashtra accident - May 28, 2011
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Seven killed in Himachal road accident - Apr 17, 2012
- One-way traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Two killed, one hurt in two road accidents - Mar 01, 2011