Road mishap in Assam kills four, 13 injuredMay 31st, 2009 - 3:46 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, May 31(ANI): At least four people were killed and 13 were others were injured in a head-on collision between a passenger bus and a truck at Lalpool on NH 52 in Darrang district of Assam.
The fatal accident took place on Friday night as the bus on its way from Tezpur to Nalbari collided with the truck coming from opposite direction at Lalpool.
All the victims were rushed to Guwahati Medical College Hospital, and according to reports three bus passengers died on the spot, while another person succumbed to his injury on way to the hospital.
The injured are now being treated at the Mangaldoi civil hospital while five passengers whose condition was stated to be critical were referred to the GMCH.
Police are on the lookout for both the drivers, who are absconding. They have been charged for rash and negligent driving and causing death. (ANI)
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Six killed in Assam road accident - Aug 01, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Nine killed in bus-truck collision in Assam - Jun 13, 2010
- 12 killed in car-bus collision in Pakistan - Jun 07, 2011
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- 7 killed, 20 injured in Assam road mishaps - Apr 16, 2012
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Seven killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Apr 30, 2010
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- Six killed as trains collide in Poland (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Jul 30, 2012
- 23 die in China accident - Apr 12, 2012
- 28 killed in Cameroon road accident - Aug 30, 2011