RK Anand, IU Khan held guilty in BMW sting expose caseAugust 21st, 2008 - 2:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 21 (ANI): The Delhi High Court on Thursday held RK Anand and IU Khan guilty in the BMW sting expose case and said the duo can not appear in all Delhi courts for four months.
The BMW sting expose case, which was carried out by a private television channel showed nexus between defence, prosecution lawyers and a witness.
The sting exposed defence lawyer RK Anand persuading the witness Sunil Kulkarni to change his testimony to save the prime accused Sanjeev Nanda in collusion with public prosecutor I U Khan.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Manmohan Sarin and Justice Madan B Lokur convicted the duo for obstructing administration of justice. However, the bench allowed them to practice legal consultancy.
The Delhi court also recommended stripping the convicted lawyers of their designation as senior advocates while imposing Rs 2,000 as fine on them.
It may be recalled that Nanda allegedly ran over seven people in January 1999, killing six of them. The case is still pending in the lower court and is in the final stages.
Nanda is the grandson of Admiral S M Nanda and son of arms dealer Suresh Nanda and is out on bail at present. (ANI)
- R.K. Anand offers apology - Jan 18, 2011
- Supreme Court declines to stay HC order against R K Anand, I U Khan - Sep 15, 2008
- Apex court convicts senior lawyer R.K. Anand for contempt - Jul 29, 2009
- SC upholds R K Anand's conviction, clears I U Khan in BMW case - Jul 29, 2009
- Supreme Court asks lawyer to file fresh apology - May 03, 2011
- Lawyers Anand, Khan guilty of bribing BMW witness, debarred - Aug 21, 2008
- Prominent lawyers Anand, Khan debarred for bribing BMW case witness (Lead) - Aug 21, 2008
- Chronology of the BMW case - Jul 20, 2009
- Anand moves apex court against ban on his practice - Sep 03, 2008
- Anand convicted for contempt of court, may get more punishment (Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- Ranchi stadium named after tainted lawyer Anand - Feb 18, 2011
- Make me cash-for-vote scam witness, not accused: Kulkarni - Oct 01, 2011
- Congress distances itself from R.K. Anand - Jul 29, 2009
- Top lawyers Anand, Khan debarred for bribing witness (Second Lead) - Aug 21, 2008
- High court not authorised to debar Anand, Khan: lawyers - Aug 21, 2008