RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance todayApril 3rd, 2009 - 11:29 am ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Apr 3 (ANI): The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) will make a formal announcement of their new alliance here today.
On March 29, Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh said, “The RJD, the LJP and the SP will sit together in Lucknow to discuss and announce the secular alliance.”
The three parties on March 26 had separately announced plans to contest the coming general elections in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar unitedly.
Singh had revealed that SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad and LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan would be together.
“We will not clash with each other in the two states (UP and Bihar) having 120 Lok Sabha seats (80 seats in UP, 40 seats in Bihar),” he said.
Paswan had also informed that he held talks with Mulayam Singh and Lalu Prasad to confirm the alliance. He had further asserted that the three parties would provide an “alternative” in the fight against “communal forces”.
Bihar would go to poll in four phases: April 16, 23 and 30 and May 7.
The elections in Uttar Pradesh would be held in five phases: April 16, 23, 30 and May 7 and May 13. (ANI)
- RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance on April 3 - Mar 29, 2009
- RJD, LJP, SP to contest together in UP and Bihar - Mar 26, 2009
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Lalu Yadav announces second list of RJD's candidates for Bihar polls - Oct 04, 2010
- In Bihar, RJD leaders feel need for tie-up with Congress - Oct 22, 2010
- Cornered Congress to 'reach out' to smaller parties (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Alliance with SP only to strengthen secular bloc: Lalu - Mar 27, 2009
- Samajwadi Party's next goal: Mulayam as PM - May 23, 2012
- Congress announces candidate against Ram Vilas Paswan - Apr 03, 2009
- Lalu congratulates Nitish, but not BJP - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu as chief minister? Others call it daydreaming - Aug 17, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu, Paswan to tour Bihar for upcoming Assembly elections - Jul 15, 2010
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: amar singh, bihar, communal forces, formal announcement, general elections, general secretary, lalu prasad, ljp, lok sabha seats, mulayam singh yadav, new alliance, ram vilas paswan, Samajwadi Party, two states, uttar pradesh, vilas