RJD, LJP, SP to contest together in UP and BiharMarch 26th, 2009 - 7:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 26 (ANI): The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and Samajwadi Party (SP) have announced plans to contest the coming general elections in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar unitedly.
Addressing a press conference in New Delhi, Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh said, “We three are together. We will not clash with each other in the two states (UP and Bihar) having 120 Lok Sabha seats (80 seats in UP, 40 seats in Bihar).”
Singh further informed that Paswan would not be fielding former Prime Minister V P Singh’s son Ajay Singh from Fatehpur seat in Uttar Pradesh.
Talking to reporters in Patna, LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan said that he had talked to SP supremo Mulayam Singh and RJD chief Lalu Prasad and confirmed the alliance
He further asserted that the three parties would provide an “alternative” in the fight against “communal forces”.
Mulayam Singh, Lalu Prasad and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan will make a formal announcement of the new alliance in New Delhi on March 30.
Bihar would go to poll in four phases: April 16, 23 and 30 and May 7.
The elections in Uttar Pradesh would be held in five phases: April 16, 23, 30 and May 7 and May 13. (ANI)
- RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance on April 3 - Mar 29, 2009
- RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance today - Apr 03, 2009
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
- Lalu slams Nitish for mounting inflation in Bihar - Oct 16, 2010
- Cornered Congress to 'reach out' to smaller parties (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- In Bihar, RJD leaders feel need for tie-up with Congress - Oct 22, 2010
- Alliance with SP only to strengthen secular bloc: Lalu - Mar 27, 2009
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan resume campaign after Chhath - Nov 14, 2010
- Samajwadi Party's next goal: Mulayam as PM - May 23, 2012
- Amid threats of Maoist violence, Bihar polls enter last lap (Curtainraiser - Phase 6) - Nov 19, 2010
- Congress announces candidate against Ram Vilas Paswan - Apr 03, 2009
- I won't join UPA: Paswan - Jul 07, 2010
- Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contest - Jul 18, 2012
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: ajay singh, amar singh, bihar, communal forces, formal announcement, former prime minister, general elections, general secretary, lalu prasad, ljp, lok sabha seats, mulayam singh, new alliance, New Delhi, ram vilas paswan, Samajwadi Party, two states, v p singh, vilas