Rizwanur case: Top Kolkata police officials transferredNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:25 am ICT by admin
“All the officers will be transferred with immediate effect and the order will be implemented as early as possible,” West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadev Bhattacharjee told reporters here.
Rizawanur’s body was found on the railway tracks between Bidhannagar Road and Dum Dum Junction on September 21, almost a month after his marriage to Priyanka, daughter of a well-known Hindu industrialist Ashok Todi.
According to media reports, some police officers, who were allegedly influenced by Todi, pressurised Rehman to end his marriage with Priyanka.
Though police initially said that Rizwanur had committed suicide, his family members were not convinced and they moved High Court seeking a CBI inquiry into his death, as they had “no faith” in any inquiry conducted by any state agency.
The State Government has been emphasising on CID enquiry and had launched it along with a separate judicial inquiry into Rizwanur’s death.
Today Buudhadev said that the judicial inquiry would continue and that his government accepted the Court’s order for a CBI inquiry in to the incident.
The CBI has been asked to submit its report in next two months. (ANI)
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial for Rizwanur murder: Supreme Court - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Todi to trial for Rizwanur death: Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Punish Kolkata cops, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court rejects businessman Todis bail plea - Dec 17, 2008
- Rizwanur case: CBI registers FIR against Ashok Todi, others - Nov 14, 2007
- Cop probing Rizwan case dies mysteriously - Feb 11, 2009
Tags: ajay kumar, ashok, assistant commissioner, cbi inquiry, chief minister, committed suicide, dum dum, ghosh, industrialist, judicial inquiry, marriage, police officials, priyanka, rehman, todi, west bengal