Rizwanur case: CBI registers FIR against Ashok Todi, othersNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:33 am ICT by admin
After analysing the Calcutta High Court’s October 16 judgment, the CBI formed a special team headed by a Joint Director, to go into the circumstances leading to Rizwanur’s death.
The agency will now visit the area where Rizwanur’s body was found.
On Wednesday, the West Bengal Government ordered transfer of top police officials of the State including, Kolkata Police Commissioner Prasun Mukherjee.
Mukherjee, and his two deputies- Gyanwant Singh and Ajay Kumar, along with Assistant Commissioner of the Anti-Rowdy section Sukanti Chakraborty and Sub-Inspector Krishnendu Ghosh were handed transfer orders as there were allegations against them of harassing Rizwanur.
The High Court had ordered a CBI probe into the case on Tuesday.
Rizawanur’s body was found on the railway tracks between Bidhannagar Road and Dum Dum Junction on September 21, almost a month after his marriage to Priyanka, daughter of a well-known industrialist Ashok Todi.
According to media reports, some police officers, who were allegedly influenced by Todi, pressurised Rizwanur to end his marriage with Priyanka.
Though police initially said that Rizwanur had committed suicide, his family members were not convinced and they moved High Court seeking a CBI inquiry into his death, as they had “no faith” in any inquiry conducted by any state agency.
The CBI has been asked to submit its report in next two months. (ANI)
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Punish Kolkata cops, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
- Put Todi to trial for Rizwanur death: Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial for Rizwanur murder: Supreme Court - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court rejects businessman Todis bail plea - Dec 17, 2008
- Court orders CBI to probe Rizwanur death afresh (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Court asks CBI to conduct fresh probe into Rizwanur death - May 18, 2010
Tags: ajay kumar, ashok, assistant commissioner, calcutta high court, cbi inquiry, cbi probe, director to go, dum dum, fir, indian penal code, investigation agency, marriage, ordered transfer, priyanka, special team, todi, west bengal government