Rizwanur case: CBI grills Ashok Todi’s brotherNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:40 am ICT by admin
Meanwhile, the seven-member team has started examining different aspects of the case.
The CBI team arrived in Kolkata on Friday night after the High Court directed the CBI to investigate the case on October 16 on Rizwarnur family’s plea for transfer of case to the CBI.
A two-member CBI team also went to Arena Multimedia, where Rizwanur used to work as a teacher, and questioned his students and colleagues.
The CBI team on Saturday visited the Patipukur area in West Bengal, where Rizwanur’s body was found last month.
Rizawanur’s body was found on the railway tracks between Bidhannagar Road and Dum Dum Junction on September 21, almost a month after his marriage to Priyanka, daughter of a businessman Ashok Todi.
The investigation agency has registered an FIR against Ashok Todi and others under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Following a public outcry over the case, the West Bengal Government on Wednesday ordered transfer of top police officials of the State including, Kolkata Police Commissioner Prasun Mukherjee.
Mukherjee, and his two deputies - Gyanwant Singh and Ajay Kumar, along with Assistant Commissioner of the Anti-Rowdy section Sukanti Chakraborty and Sub-Inspector Krishnendu Ghosh were handed transfer orders as there were allegations against them of harassing Rizwanur.
According to media reports, some police officers, who were allegedly influenced by Todi, pressurised Rizwanur to end his marriage with Priyanka.
The CBI has been asked to submit its report in next two months. (ANI)
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial for Rizwanur murder: Supreme Court - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Todi to trial for Rizwanur death: Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Court asks CBI to conduct fresh probe into Rizwanur death - May 18, 2010
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- CBI interrogates Rizwanur's wife Priyanka Todi - Nov 14, 2007
- Rizwanur's mother now hopeful of getting justice - May 18, 2010
- Court orders CBI to probe Rizwanur death afresh (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: ajay kumar, arena multimedia, arun kumar, ashok, assistant commissioner, cbi team, indian penal code, investigation agency, kolkata, marriage, member team, ordered transfer, pradip, priyanka, todi, west bengal government