RIL’s Jamnagar Refinery to get CISF security coverAugust 30th, 2009 - 1:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 30 (ANI): Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has decided to get the security cover from the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) for its Jamnagar refinery in Gujarat.
RIL’s Jamnagar refinery, is world’s biggest Greenfield refinery
According to sources, the RIL has conveyed its decision to the Union Home Ministry that they are now keen to take the CISF security cover. The CISF personnel are likely to be deployed in Jamnagar by September.
Though the Home Ministry has cleared the request of the RIL a couple of months ago, but the RIL has sought time to reconsider its decision, sources added.
The RIL is the second private company to get protection from the CISF after the Central Government’s announcement that the central police forces would be available for guarding private installations.
The software major Infosys is the first private company to have a security cover from CISF. The central police force is giving the protection to Infosys head office in Bangalore since July.
The officials of the CISF carried out exhaustive survey of the refinery and decided to provide 100 personnel for it. Besides guarding, the CISF is likely to assist RIL in training the company’s security personnel, sources said. (ANI)
- CISF security cover for RIL's Jamnagar refinery - Nov 03, 2010
- Infosys' Pune campus gets CISF cover - Apr 22, 2011
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- CISF to protect techies, not intrude on their private space - Jul 31, 2009
- CISF cover for Infosys campus at Mysore - Mar 26, 2010
- Post 26/11, Infosys gets elite security - Jul 31, 2009
- Court rejects petition challenging land acquisition for RIL - Mar 04, 2011
- Reliance Industries raises $2 billion loan - May 09, 2012
- Private firms queue up for paramilitary cover - Dec 15, 2009
- Protection for Infosys and Electronic City in Bangalore - Nov 25, 2009
- Full body scanners favoured for Indian airports - Mar 08, 2010
- Ordinance to provide CISF cover to private industries - Jan 02, 2009
- Ordinance issued to provide CISF cover to private industries - Jan 12, 2009
- Security intensified in Bangalore on 26/11 anniversary - Nov 26, 2009
- 100 pickets set up at Metro stations for CWG security - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: bangalore, central government, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, greenfield, gujarat, infosys, jamnagar refinery, mukesh, New Delhi, police force, police forces, private company, reliance industries, reliance industries ltd, reliance industries ltd ril, security force, security personnel, union home ministry