RIL gas begins to flow from KG D-6 basinApril 2nd, 2009 - 4:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 2 (ANI): Reliance India Ltd. (RIL) achieved a landmark in the history of oil and gas production when its deep-sea Krishna Godavari basin fields flowed to the surface on Thursday.
Unlike the practice around the world of a minimum nine years, the RIL just took seven years from the date of discovery to begin gas production from the deep-sea KG-D6 block.
According to Petroleum Secretary R S Pandey, India will save USD nine billion in oil import bill annually with the beginning of production from Reliance Industries’ eastern offshore KG D-6 fields.
He informed that Reliance Industries began gas production on Wednesday, and the output is at 2.5 million cubic metres per day.
“Revenues from KG-D6 gas sales are expected to be USD 42 billion over the life of the field, and the Government’s profit share at a minimum USD 14 billion,” added Pandey.
According to sources, Natural gas production from wells started at 5 p.m. on Wednesday and it reached the onland receiving facility at Gadimoga in Kakinada district of Andhra Pradesh this morning.
The first fifteen fertilizer plants, that will get all of the initial output, is likely to get the gas within the next 3-4 days.
The most distant plant is expected to get the gas in about 15 days. (ANI)
- Mukesh Ambani's RIL signs $20 billion deal with BP - Feb 21, 2011
- Reliance starts gas production in Krishna Godavari basin - Apr 02, 2009
- Gas production from RIL's KG-D6 block declines - Aug 09, 2012
- Government gives nod for Reliance Industries-BP deal - Jul 22, 2011
- BP expects Krishna Godavari gas output to rise - Sep 28, 2011
- Reliance Industries Q1 net profit declines 21 percent - Jul 20, 2012
- Reliance gets approval for $7.2 billion BP deal - Aug 09, 2011
- Timeline of Reliance Krishna-Godavari gas dispute - May 07, 2010
- KG basin gas row: SC to deliver verdict today - May 07, 2010
- Comptroller and Auditor General unable to access Reliance documents on KG Basin project - Aug 08, 2009
- Reliance, BP form joint venture for gas business - Nov 18, 2011
- Sensex slides below 18,000-points mark (Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Chronology of the Krishna-Godavari gas dispute - Oct 19, 2009
- China's to drill in South China Sea - May 07, 2012
- Reliance Industries completes KG-D6 block's design capacity assessment - Dec 28, 2009
Tags: 5 million, andhra pradesh, cubic metres, deep sea, fertilizer plants, godavari, india ltd, initial output, krishna godavari basin, natural gas production, New Delhi, nine years, oil and gas, oil and gas production, oil import bill, petroleum, profit share, reliance india, reliance industries, seven years