Rifleman Vijay Singh saves three lives, gives vision to two others even in deathJanuary 20th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by ANI
Rifleman Vijay Singh saves three lives, gives vision to two others even in death
New Delhi, Jan 20 (ANI): Rifleman Vijay Singh, a young soldier, managed to save three lives and give vision to two visually-challenged persons even after his death.
Singh, who suffered severe head injuries in a road accident, was declared brain dead.
One Monday, Singhs liver was transplanted to a 15-year old boy suffering from advanced liver cirrhosis and one of his kidney donated to mother of a serving soldier, suffering from last stage of renal failure and the other kidney was handed over to the Organ Retrieval and Banking Organisation (ORBO) for transplantation at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
After the multiple organ donation by a radiologist family on Jan 7, 2009, this was another multiple organ donation at Armed Forces Organ Retrieval and Transplantation Authority (AORTA).
AORTA is an organization based at Army Hospital Delhi that handles all activities related to organ donation in armed forces and the total number of organ donations has now risen up to 17, since its inception in April 2007. (ANI)
- Azad calls for organ donation encouragement drive - May 03, 2011
- 'Lack of organ donors affecting liver transplants' - Jan 19, 2012
- Deshmukh died of cardiac failure: Doctor - Aug 14, 2012
- Organ donation by octogenarian woman helps three live - Jan 28, 2009
- Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad ask people to donate organs to save lives - Nov 27, 2010
- Only 4,500 out of two lakh get transplants - Feb 15, 2012
- Eight-month-old gets liver transplant from father - Oct 04, 2010
- Two Sri Lankan families swap livers for transplant - Jun 07, 2011
- Minister inaugurates organ transplant unit - Jun 12, 2010
- Donor organs go waste in Britain - Feb 13, 2012
- Gambhir to donate his body parts - Nov 10, 2011
- Innovative liver surgery saves 2-year-old Omani girl - Jul 04, 2012
- In death, soldier's mother gives life to five - Aug 11, 2008
- Stem cells from skin, blood regenerate faltering liver - May 12, 2011
- Amar Singh's medical reports paint grim picture - Sep 14, 2011
Tags: advanced liver cirrhosis, all india institute of medical sciences, all india institute of medical sciences new delhi, aorta, army hospital, head injuries, inception, india institute, jan 7, one monday, orbo, organ donation, organ donations, organ retrieval, renal failure, rifleman, road accident, singhs, transplantation, vijay singh