Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani amongst Forbes top ten BillionairesMarch 11th, 2010 - 1:15 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 11 (ANI): Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani has become the richest man in the Asia-Pacific region and the fourth in world rankings as per the 2010 Forbes list of world’s billionaires released on Wednesday.The number of tycoons from the Asia-Pacific region with a ten-figure net worth has risen to 234 from 130 in 2009. This accounts for 23 percent of the 1,011 billionaires on the global list against 16 percent of the 793 billionaires the year before.
India has 49 billionaires in 2010 as compared to only 24 last year.
The combined wealth of Asian billionaires has also more than doubled to 729 billion dollars compared with dollar 357 billion a year ago. This rate of increase far outpaces that of European tycoons, who saw their collective fortune has risen by fifty percent while their US counterparts enjoyed only an 18 percent increase.Of the 234 Asian tycoons on the list, 62 are first-time billionaires out of a total of 97 new billionaires in the world.The richest man in the world is Mexican telecom titan Carlos Slim Helu and his family.
With his fortune swelling to an estimated dollar 53.5 billion, up by dollar18.5 billion in 12 months, Slim surged ahead of Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates, who had held the title of world’s richest man fourteen times in the last fifteen years.
Gates, now worth dollar 53 billion, is ranked second in the world. Buffett is ranked third with dollar 47 billion.
Eleven countries have at least double the number of billionaires they had a year ago, including China, India, Turkey and South Korea.
The seven top billionaires from India are as follows:World RankingNameWealth4 Mukesh Ambani$29.05 Lakshmi Mittal$28.728 Azim Premji$17.036 Anil Ambani$13.740 Shashi & Ravi Ruia$13.044 Savitri Jindal$12.274 Kushal Pal Singh$9.0
- Lakshmi Mittal replaces Mukesh Ambani as world's richest Indian - Mar 10, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Indian business tycoon Mukesh Ambani to be world's richest man in 2014, Forbes predicts - Sep 13, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Fifty Indians on Forbes' global billionaire club - Mar 10, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list (Lead) - Mar 11, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani will be world's richest man in 2014: Forbes - Sep 12, 2010
- India's richest lost 20 percent of wealth: Forbes - Oct 27, 2011
- Mexico's Carlos Slim tops Forbes' richest list - Mar 08, 2012
- Mexican Carlos Slim tops world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani again tops list of richest Indians - Sep 30, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal among world's top ten billionaires - Mar 11, 2010
- China billionaire rich list grows to 49 more - Oct 29, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal among 'World's Most Powerful Billionaires' - Jan 28, 2010
- Bill Gates stays richest American for 17th year in a row - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,