Retired Brigadier supervising Benazir’s security was Osama’s handler, says expertNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:32 am ICT by admin
Raman says that after Musharraf seized power on October 12, 1999, he had Shah posted as the Home Secretary of Punjab. He also says that Omar Sheikh, who orchestrated the kidnapping and murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl, surrendered before Shah because Omar Sheikh knew him before and was confident that Ejaz Shah would see that he was not tortured.
So close are the links between Shah and Musharraf that when several allegations were filed against him, Musharraf sought to send him as Ambassador to Australia or Indonesia. Both countries reportedly refused to accept him. Musharraf then made him the Director General of the Intelligence Bureau and he saw to it that the death sentence against Omar Sheikh for his role in the Pearl case was not executed.
The courts have been repeatedly postponing hearings on the appeal filed by Omar Sheikh against the death sentence.
Shah, according to Raman, also played an active role in the campaign to discredit Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Caudhury after he started calling for the files of a large number of missing persons who were taken into custody by the police and the intelligence agencies.
Shah is also a close personal friend of many Punjabi leaders of the Pakistan Muslim League (Qaid), which is opposed to Benazir’s return.
According to these sources, the suicide bomber or bombers managed to penetrate the security cordon of the police and IB officers without being frisked, but could not penetrate the inner cordon of security guards of the PPP. When stopped on Thursday night, they blew themselves up at a distance from her vehicle. At the time of the explosion, Bhutto had gone inside the vehicle to rest for a while. This seems to have contributed to her miraculous escape. Had she been standing on top she might have been injured, if not killed? (ANI)
- Top ISI official faces grilling over providing content for BB murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- Top ISI official provided content for Benazir murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Musharraf asked to answer '32 questions' over Benazir murder case - Nov 23, 2010
- Ex-Pak Military Intelligence DG in dock for many crimes - Apr 26, 2010
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- India responsible for unrest in Balochistan: Musharraf - Nov 26, 2010
- Murdered Daniel Pearl's dad says 9/11 mosque should be built elsewhere - Aug 27, 2010
- Musharraf's status can't be changed 'from accused to witness' in Benazir murder case - Feb 27, 2011
- Supreme Court warns Gilani of another contempt notice - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Benazir killed for backing Lal Masjid operation' - Feb 12, 2012
- Pak authorities 'knowingly relied on perjured testimony' to convict Daniel Pearl's killers - Jan 20, 2011
- Bhutto's protocol officer's 'conspiracy culminating in assassination' petition against Musharraf, Ma - Jul 30, 2009
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: american journalist, benazir bhutto, brigadier, cabinet secretariat, confidante, death sentence, general pervez musharraf, intelligence bureau, journalist daniel pearl, missing persons, pakistan muslim league, qaid, raman, rediff, security cordon, sheikh, supreme court chief justice