Restoration of Srinagar-Muzaffarabad truck service demandedDecember 5th, 2007 - 7:40 pm ICT by admin
Muzaffarabad, Dec 5 (ANI): A group of political parties held a peaceful demonstration in Pak-occupied- Kashmir (PoK) Capital demanding the restoration of the truck service between Srinagar and Muzaffarabad.
The parties like Bolore Jammu Kashmir (BJK) and All Parties National Alliance (APNA) demanded that both the Indian and Pakistani governments should take steps in this regard.
The political leader also condemned the ban on their entry into the Chakothi Bazaar and demanded an inquiry by an independent and impartial international commission for the basic right of the citizens of Jammu Kashmir which had been infringed by the occupation of the Pakistani forces there.
Since APNA had already announced this demonstration to be peaceful, they avoided any altercation.
Those who led demonstration included APNA chairman Farooq Niazi, Secretary General Arif Shahid, spokesman MARK Khaleeque, President of the Jammu and Kashmir National Liberation Front (JKNLF) Shaukat Maqbool Butt, JKLF chairman Sardar Rauf Kashmiri, Vice chairman of the United Kashmir People’s National Party (UKPNP) Wiqar Kazimi, and Kamran Beg, a leader of Jammu-Kashmir National Students’ Federation (JKNSF).(ANI)
- All Party National Alliance to observe Oct. 22 as "Black Day" from next year - Oct 26, 2010
- Militant outfits regrouping in PoK to sneak into India: Local political leaders - May 15, 2010
- Pakistan Army and ISI is kidnapping and killing people of Gilgit Baltistan (Part-2) - Dec 18, 2010
- Kashmir Panthers Party protesters arrested - Feb 23, 2012
- Protest in Gurgaon against Kashmir interlocutors' report - Jul 09, 2012
- BJP slams entry fee on Hindu pilgrims in Kashmir - Jun 18, 2010
- Afzal Guru's hanging will re-kindle militancy: Yasin Malik - Sep 29, 2011
- Kashmiris observe `Black Day' in Muzaffarabad - Oct 23, 2009
- Shutdown on JKLF founder's death anniversary - Feb 11, 2012
- Zardari shoe-thrower to visit Pakistan as 'Khomeini-like revolution herald' - Jan 16, 2011
- Villagers protest against violence by militants in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 28, 2010
- Congress pulls up PDP for controversial J-K map - Feb 14, 2011
- Jammu, the refugee city of India (Part-I) - May 03, 2011
- Congress asks PDP to withdraw controversial map (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- British MPs for putting Kashmir at top of Foreign Office agenda - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: altercation, apna, bjk, chairman, farooq, international commission, jammu and kashmir, jammu kashmir, kamran beg, maqbool, national liberation front, national students, pakistani forces, peaceful demonstration, pok, restoration, srinagar