Residents thrash rampaging army recruits in AgraNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:49 am ICT by admin
The recruitments were postponed due to unknown reasons after which a few enraged aspirants went on rampage and started pelting stones on vehicles.
Residents say the aspirants also torched an auto rickshaw and misbehaved with some girls.
According to the Police, they had to baton charge the mob to control the situation and save the army aspirants from the mob.
“We have made arrangements to send the aspirants back and the situation is under control now,” said Mukesh Meshram, District Collector.
“They (officials at recruitment centre) were sending us from one place to another and then they said the recruitment is postponed,” said Anil, an Army aspirant.(ANI)
- Civic chief's death sparks violence in Uttar Pradesh - May 08, 2010
- 11 injured in Kolkata violence - Nov 07, 2011
- Violence in Anantnag after youth run over by army vehicle (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- 30 hurt as youth clash with soldiers in Rajouri - Jul 14, 2010
- Andhra town tense after communal violence (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- 8 killed in Kashmir, 6 in police firing, as Omar seeks help - Aug 03, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Andhra town - Mar 30, 2012
- Students clash with police in Allahabad, torch vehicles - Apr 27, 2012
- Two dead as Mumbai protest against Myanmar killings turns violent (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- East Delhi violence under control - Sep 03, 2012
- Violence in Uttar Pradesh town after minor's death - May 22, 2011
- One dead, many injured in Delhi violence (Roundup) - Sep 03, 2012
- Three injured in Uttar Pradesh communal clash - May 16, 2010
- Three died in mob violence in Guwahati (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Protester killed in Sopore, Kashmir toll 89 - Sep 15, 2010