Residents of Modassa blame Gujarat Govt. for spread of Hepatitis BFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 12:41 pm ICT by ANI
Modassa (Gujarat), Feb 22 (ANI): Residents of Hepatitis-B affected Modassa in Gujarat have accused the State Government of apathy leading to the spread of Hepatitis B. They demanded that a team of expert doctors must visit every home and conduct analytical check-ups of every individual.
“Doctors must visit every home and check whether somebody is suffering from Hepatitis or any other disease,” said Tarlika Vankar, whose only brother succumbed to this deadly viral fever.
Kiran Patel whose father died of this viral infection, said, “We feel that the Government is sleeping and not serious about the condition. No medical team visited here because doctors came and asked only as to what has happened. The Government is not doing anything.” The death toll in Modasa and adjoining areas of Sabarkantha district has gone up to 35.
Amidst all the emotional confusion, scores of infected persons are undergoing treatment at various hospitals in the District.
On its part, the Government of Gujarat has claimed that it had sent medical teams to the affected areas.
Earlier, Gujarat Health Minister Jayanarayan Vyas mentioned in the State Legislature that 224 medical teams have been deployed in the District.
Simultaneously, the heath authorities have also claimed to have circulated 30,000 pamphlets and launched a public awareness campaign to create awareness on Hepatitis-B.
According to media reports, at least 77 cases of hepatitis-B outbreak have been reported in Sabarkantha District. (ANI)
- Eleven die of hepatitis-D in Gujarat district - Feb 13, 2009
- Hepatitis-B toll rises to 16 in Gujarat sub-district - Feb 16, 2009
- Medical teams sent to hepatitis-B hit Gujarat area: Congress - Feb 16, 2009
- Ensure Hepatitis-B vaccine in hospitals, Uttar Pradesh told (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Hepatitis could kill 5 mn in Southeast Asia: WHO - Jul 24, 2012
- Vaccination drive gains momentum in hepatitis-hit Gujarat - Feb 24, 2009
- Hepatitis awareness programme launched for Mumbai slums - Jul 28, 2012
- Judge's complaint on Hepatitis-B to be heard as PIL - Apr 15, 2011
- Hepatitis B death toll in Gujarat rises to 34 - Feb 19, 2009
- Hepatitis outbreak in Gujarat under control: Minister - Feb 14, 2009
- Fancy a tattoo? Beware of hepatitis virus (July 28 is World Hepatitis Day) - Jul 28, 2011
- Warehouses raided, sealed in Gujarat after hepatitis-B outbreak - Mar 01, 2009
- Central agency to take over Gujarat blast probe - Jun 24, 2010
- Hepatitis on rise in India due to ignorance: Experts - Jul 16, 2010
- Hepatitis B immunisation in India from April 1: Ramadoss - Feb 25, 2009
Tags: apathy, check ups, death toll, emotional confusion, expert doctors, government of gujarat, gujarat govt, health minister, hepatitis, hepatitis b, medical team, medical teams, pamphlets, public awareness campaign, state legislature, undergoing treatment, ups, viral fever, viral infection, vyas