Relatives of jailed MLA ask Mayawati to intervene in Banda rape caseJanuary 24th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Jan 24 (ANI): Relatives and supporters of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLA Purushottam Naresh Dwivedi, who is currently in prison on charges of raping a minor Dalit girl on Monday asked Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to intervene into the matter, and said that the complaint against him is a conspiracy.
Dwivedi’s son Mayank said they were not satisfied with the probe carried out by the CB-CID (Crime Branch of Criminal Investigation Department).
“Firstly, the CB-CID (Crime Branch of Criminal Investigation Department) is doing one-sided investigation. Secondly, no medical test or DNA test of my father has been done, and the CB-CID is filing the charge-sheet and thirdly, the medical test of Sheelu does not support any incident of rape, but still the CB-CID are putting false allegations. What does it mean? We are not satisfied with the investigations,” said Mayank.
“We want that BehenJi (Mayawati) should carry out a judicial probe on her level. Reliable people who are not related to her party should carry out the probe. People of the girl’s village should be interrogated; people who were in contact with the girl should be interrogated. People who BehenJi relies on should carry out the investigation and that report should be submitted to BehenJi,” he added.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Thursday said the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Government led by her is taking the Banda rape case ‘very seriously’, and added that strict action will be initiated against those who have taken the law into their hands.
“We took the matter very Banda matter seriously and got it investigated by the CID immediately. You all know that once CB-CID report was released strict action was taken,” said Mayawati.
“The Jailor of Banda prison Gyan Prakash and Additional SP Banda Lala Ram have been suspended and departmental proceedings have been initiated against them,” she added.
The girl was allegedly raped on December 10-11 at Dwivedi’s residence. She escaped from the MLA’s house on December 12, when he allegedly attempted to rape her for the third time and charged her with theft.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Banda has sent Dwivedi to 14 days of judicial custody.
The MLA, who was on the run after orders for his arrest were issued, was taken into custody on January 13.
The investigating officials, who conducted the preliminary inquiry, have found that Dwivedi had raped the teenager and framed her in a false theft case. (ANI)
- Banda rape case: MLA did rape me, says Dalit girl - Jan 14, 2011
- BSP Govt. taking Banda rape case 'very seriously': Mayawati - Jan 20, 2011
- BSP MLA arrested in Dalit girl rape case - Jan 13, 2011
- Congress for judicial probe against rape-accused BSP lawmaker - Jan 02, 2011
- Banda rape: CBI books BSP legislator - Sep 22, 2011
- Mayawati orders release of Banda rape victim - Jan 15, 2011
- BJP accuses UP Govt. of failing to maintain law and order - Jan 29, 2011
- Banda rape victim says she wants BSP MLA hanged - Jan 16, 2011
- BSP legislator accused of rape arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Mayawati orders BSP legislator's arrest in minor's gang rape - Jan 12, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh girl was raped by legislator, his guards - Jan 11, 2011
- Custody of girl raped by BSP legislator extended in theft case - Jan 14, 2011
- Banda rape case: Enquiry ordered into jail warden's claims - Jan 17, 2011
- Banda rape case: Supreme Court to hear plea for judicial probe on Friday - Jan 17, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi meets Banda rape victim - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,