Reality stars back Clay Aiken on his gay confessionSeptember 27th, 2008 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 27 (ANI): American pop singer Clay Aiken’’s confession of being gay has brought out a lot of support among reality television stars.
Aiken, a North Carolina native, became a father on August 8 when record producer and close friend Jaymes Foster gave birth after going through artificial insemination.
“That’’s his business, but good on him,” Fox News quoted Hugh Hefner as telling Pop Tarts at the FOX Reality Channel’’s REALLY Awards on September 24.
“It was definitely no surprise,” added “Celebrity Apprentice” star Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth.
Besides the support he got, some also felt that his confession shows how far America has come in accepting everyone for who they are.
“Live your life, be free and for those who disapprove, so be it. Be happy -f God made you desire someone of the same sex, then you are entitled to that,” “Glam God” host Vivica A. Fox said.
“I was very proud of him as a man to say ”I”m gay,” especially in the Hollywood industry where you can be blacklisted. But I salute him - we live in the greatest country in the world and I”m so proud of Clay,” Fox added.
The fear of there being a backlash was also discussed, and put to rest by some.
“I don”t think it means anything anymore. Look at Ellen and her career, she is one of the most popular personalities in television,” talk-show guru Jerry Springer said.
“That’’s where America has progressed - it’’s not telling people who they do and don”t have to be. We all want to be loved, we all want to be accepted and if you can find happiness, then God bless,” he added.
For some, Aiken’’s confession came as a surprise, as revealed by former “American Idol” Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe.
“I was surprised, but I was delighted for him,” Lythgoe said.
“It was a brave thing to do; it must be difficult to hold something like that back inside you,” he added.
Even hot-headed TV personality Danny Bonaduce had something to say to Clay.
“My girlfriend and I actually had an argument about this. His fan base is in the Bible belt and he hid the fact that he was gay, which I disapprove of - you should be who you are,” Bonaduce told Tarts.
“This could destroy him - but he obviously looked at his baby and said, ”I”m not going to raise this kid in a lie.” I couldn”t be more proud of the guy, it takes real guts,” he added. (ANI)
- Omarosa Manigault speaks about Michael Clarke Duncan - Sep 04, 2012
- Duncan had a natural death - Sep 05, 2012
- Clay Aiken confirms he is gay - Sep 24, 2008
- Michael Clarke Duncan is stable after heart attack - Jul 17, 2012
- Pastor Joel Osteen feels that being gay is a sin - Jan 11, 2012
- Clay Aiken tells People magazine "Yes, I'm Gay" - Sep 24, 2008
- American Idol star comes out of the closet - Sep 24, 2008
- Maria Shriver says Arnie has earned public's plaudit as California Guv - Jul 01, 2010
- I'm bisexual, says Anna Paquin - Apr 02, 2010
- I thought people knew i was gay: Elton John - Jul 19, 2012
- Lenny Kravitz turned to bisexual pal for 'The Hunger Games' - Mar 25, 2012
- Inception star - Tom Hardy confesses that he had gay sex in his teens - Jul 30, 2010
- "The Partridge Family" Star Danny Bonaduce Marries His Girlfriend Amy Railsback - Dec 05, 2010
- Schwimmer upset over internet content available to youngsters - Apr 04, 2011
- Hollywood stars' growing criticism of Obama - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: american idol, american pop, artificial insemination, celebrity apprentice, clay aiken, danny bonaduce, fox news, hollywood industry, hugh hefner, jerry springer, omarosa manigault stallworth, pop singer, pop tarts, reality channel, reality television, record producer, sept 27, television stars, tv personality, vivica a fox