Ratan Tata to fly F/A-18 Super Hornet at Aero IndiaFebruary 10th, 2011 - 11:31 am ICT by ANI
By Praful Kumar Singh
Bangalore, Feb 10 (ANI): Tata Group chairman, Ratan Tata, who is a keen aviation enthusiast, is not a man to miss Aero India and will fly in Boeing’s fighter jet F/A-18 Super Hornet on Thursday at the biennial event.
Asia’s biggest air show, Aero India 2011, started on February 9 and will continue till February 13 at Air Force Station, Yelahanka.
The F/A-18 Super Hornet is in the race for supplying 126 Medium-Multirole Combat Aircraft (M-MRCA) to the Indian Air Force under a 10.8 billion dollars deal expected to be signed in the next financial year.
Tata was among the guests during the inauguration ceremony of Aero India 2011. He was quite impressed by India’s own light combat aircraft’s fly-past and manouveres.
Previously, Ratan Tata has flown the fighter plane at the Aero India Air Show in 2009.
Shahid Kapoor will become the first actor in the world to fly another American fighter jet F 16 IN Super Viper.
Civil and military aerospace manufacturers from 30 countries, including the US, Britain, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Israel, Belgium, Brazil, Spain, Ukraine and the Netherlands, are participating in the show.
The flying displays at the show includes some of the latest fighter planes, including Eurofighter Typhoons, Sweden’s Gripen, the French Dassault Rafael, Boeing’s F-16 Super Viper and Lockheed Martin’s F-18 Super Hornet, besides unmanned aerial vehicles and helicopters. (ANI)
- Naveen Jindal flies French Rafael at Bangalore's Aero India show - Feb 12, 2011
- Ratan Tata co-pilots Boeing fighter at air show - Feb 10, 2011
- Antony opens Asia's biggest air show in Bangalore - Feb 09, 2011
- Shahid to fly in F-16 fighter jet at AeroIndia - Feb 05, 2011
- Aerobatic display by fighter jets, copters to be major attraction of Aero India 2011 - Feb 08, 2011
- Aero India 2011: Global defence majors eyeing big deals from Indian armed forces - Feb 08, 2011
- Bollywood star Shahid Kapoor flies in F-16 at air show - Feb 12, 2011
- India shops for combat aircraft at Farnborough - Jul 20, 2010
- Nut graph on combat jet contenders - Apr 28, 2011
- Indian deal hot topic at record breaking AeroIndia - Feb 11, 2011
- Dazzling fly-past, daring aerobatics mark Aero India launch (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- India-Russia combat jet may compete in South Korean tender - Aug 18, 2011
- Thousands flock in as air show opens to public - Feb 12, 2011
- AeroIndia show to be the largest ever - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Decision on $10.4 bn combat jet order likely by September' - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: aero india, aerospace manufacturers, aviation enthusiast, biennial event, chairman ratan tata, f 18 super hornet, f a 18 super hornet, fighter jet, fighter plane, fighter planes, group chairman, inauguration ceremony, india air, indian air force, light combat aircraft, lockheed martin, praful, shahid kapoor, tata group, unmanned aerial vehicles