”Rang de Basanti” to be screened at SAARC film festivalMarch 8th, 2009 - 3:00 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 8 (ANI): Bollywood director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’’s ”Rang De Basanti” will be screened at the ongoing SAARC Film Festival in Abu Dhabi.
Another major attraction of the festival is the Pakistani film ”Khuda Ke Liye”, which will be also screened. The film features Indian actor Naseeruddin Shah in a cameo as a Muslim scholar clarifying the tenets of Islam during a court case.
A film from Bangladesh - AHA, Caravan from Nepal and Sri Lankan movie Nisalgira and Samanala Thatu will be featured at the festival. All the movies will be subtitled in English and Arabic.
The five-day festival, commenced on Saturday, has been organised by the Embassies of the SAARC nations - India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka - in UAE.
The five-day-event, which started on Saturday has been organised by the embassies of the SAARC nations - India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka - in UAE.
The event, which will conclude on March 11, is being organised in collaboration with the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH).
This is going to be the first South Asian regional film festival to be hosted in the country. (ANI)
- Emirates Korean Film Festival begins - Apr 07, 2012
- Abu Dhabi arts and music festival opens - Apr 08, 2011
- German embassy to organise UAE filmmakers' visit - Jan 23, 2012
- Unesco lauds Abu Dhabi for culture initiatives - Oct 26, 2011
- UAE short films to participate in Cannes 2012 - Mar 16, 2012
- SAARC folklore festival starts Friday - Sep 29, 2011
- Blake to head US delegation at SAARC - Nov 08, 2011
- Over 75,000 visit Liwa Date Festival - Jul 26, 2010
- South Asia can become energy surplus: Bhutan PM - Apr 23, 2012
- UAE folk dancers to perform in London festival - Jul 21, 2010
- SAARC to get first woman secretary general - Jan 18, 2011
- SAARC film festival ends amidst empty seats - Sep 21, 2010
- Protect SAARC's shared cultural identity: Writer - Sep 29, 2011
- India takes over presidency of Saarc business chamber - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Camel beauty contest' kicks off in Abu Dhabi - Jan 30, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, cameo, caravan, court case, embassies, film festival, india pakistan bangladesh, indian actor, march 11, mehra, muslim scholar, naseeruddin shah, New Delhi, omprakash, pakistani film, regional film, saarc nations, samanala, sri lankan, tenets of islam