Ranchi Zoo announces birth of two leopard cubsApril 28th, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi, Apr 28 (ANI): Zoo authorities in Ranchi have announced the birth of two leopard cubs.
The cubs, one male and one female, were born on March 10 and are now being brought before the public.
“This leopard was brought from a rescue centre in Guwahati on November 8. In the last week of December, the mating took place and the cubs were born on March 10. Both cubs are healthy. It’s a matter of great pride for the zoo as it was after a long time a big cat gave birth in our zoo,” said M.S. Jain, a veterinarian at the zoo.
The cubs weigh 2.50 kilograms and 2.60 respectively and are 17 and 18 inches in length.
“I am very happy to see them. I have never seen such pretty cubs before. They are very sweet,” said Ratna Banerjee, a visitor.
Leopards are found all over the country.
It is illegal to kill leopards in India, as they are an endangered species. (ANI)
- No romance for Delhi zoo's bears, deer this winter - Nov 20, 2011
- Tiger cub dies, two others critical - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- Giant panda gives birth at Washington zoo - Sep 18, 2012
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Panda twins born in China - Jul 11, 2012
- Third tiger cub at Patna zoo also dead - Sep 04, 2012
- Three lion cubs die at Chhattisgarh zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- 1,000 chicks chirp as storks visit Delhi zoo - Dec 07, 2011
- Five tiger cubs die in Odisha's Nandankanan zoo - Nov 18, 2011
- Leopard strays into heart of Guwahati, mauls three people - Jan 07, 2012
- Lion Triplet Cubs Debut At Bronx Zoo - May 03, 2010
- Tiger cubs spread joy at Aurangabad zoo (With Image) - Apr 14, 2010
- Coolers, sprinklers, glucose to help Delhi Zoo beat heat - May 05, 2011
- Endangered animals crushed by vehicles - Jan 29, 2012