Ranchi couple give dog care a special meaningFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 9:59 pm ICT by ANI
By Girija Shankar Ojha
Ranchi, Feb.23 (ANI): A married couple in Jharkhand is giving dog care a new meaning by running a hostel for dogs for the last two decades.
Fifty-year-old Manoj Kumar Mishra and his wife Seema Mishra, 48, undertake responsibility for pet dogs” on behalf of actual dog owners, who require their services, especially when going out of station.
At the hostel, located at Ranchi’’s Kanka Road, the couple ensures a homely environment for pet dogs. Besides offering the pets special care, Manoj and Seema even regulate their lifestyle. They offer them quality food and exercise them on a daily basis.
The couple charges anywhere between rupees 80 to 350 a day from dog owners for their services.
“It’’s a useful for dog owners as they can depend on us completely. We have spent almost half of our lives with these dogs as well as other animals. We enjoy being with them. We can very well read their nature and behaviour, whatever they want we can make out by looking at them as they speak through eyes,” said Manoj Kumar Mishra.
People from far-flung areas leave their dogs in the couple’’s care.
“If our dog falls ill, we leave it here in the hostel rather than leaving it at someone else’’s place. After four to five days, when we are informed that our dog is fit and fine, we take them back with us,” said Hari Prasad Singh, a dog owner.
According to dog owners, leaving their dogs in this hostel frees them from the tension of a dog’’s care.
Initially, the hostel had over 40 dogs, but due to a shortage of space, the couple have decided to keep only 20-22 pets at a time.
The Mishras are now constructing a new hostel to accommodate about 70 dogs. (ANI)
- Today is National Dog Day! - Aug 26, 2011
- Scottish women fancy cats and dogs over babies! - Jul 26, 2010
- Hostel for pooches in Bihar to ease dog owners' worries - Nov 13, 2009
- Pets could be benefitting your kids at home - Jul 17, 2012
- Women talk to dogs more than their partner - Aug 23, 2011
- Night vision goggles being used in dog fouling crackdown - Jan 30, 2012
- Seven billionth baby's dad wants her to be a doctor - Oct 31, 2011
- Two mn pets left at home while Britons go to work - May 26, 2011
- Oil Spill Hardships Force Owners To Leave Their Pets In Shelters - Jun 14, 2010
- Pets run loose as Chinese hostelers abandon them - May 27, 2011
- Women share darkest secrets with their dogs - Aug 12, 2010
- Man asks thieves to return 93-year-old tortoise - May 12, 2012
- Delta Airline loses dog - May 12, 2010
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- 10-year rural positing compulsory for J&K; doctors - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: daily basis, decades, dog owner, dog owners, homely environment, hostel, jharkhand, kanka, Life Style, manoj kumar, married couple, mishra, ojha, pet dogs, pets, prasad, quality food, rupees, tension, these dogs