Raman Srivastava takes over as BSF chiefAugust 1st, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 1 (ANI): Raman Srivastava, an IPS officer of the Kerala cadre, assumed charge as Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF) on Saturday.
Talking to reporters after taking charge, Srivastava said, “There are gaps in the border protection, which should be filled. The border is very long. There are gaps and we have to fill those. We have to further strengthen the organisation.”
On the BSF’s role in curbing the smuggling of narcotics and fake Indian currency, he said: “The BSF is doing great. We have to see if there are chances of improvement.”
He also said the BSF is ready to take up anti-Naxal operations.
“The BSF has always dealt with insurgency besides guarding the border. Fighting the Naxals will be slightly different but the force will rise to any challenge that is posed to it,” he added.
Srivastava replaces M.L.Kumawat who superannuated on July 31. (ANI)
- Raman Srivastava appointed as next DG of BSF - Jul 01, 2009
- Bangladesh urged to dismantle insurgent groups' camps: BSF chief - Sep 28, 2010
- India, Bangladesh move ahead to eliminate cross-border terrorism - Mar 21, 2011
- Bansal is named new BSF chief - Sep 29, 2011
- BSF killing innocents, says rights body - Dec 09, 2010
- Border officials of India, Bangladesh discuss security issues in Delhi - Mar 12, 2011
- BSF, Bangladesh border guards to discuss trans-border issues - Mar 16, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani border guards start dialogue - Jul 02, 2012
- Chadha is special secretary internal security - Jan 02, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani border guards to prevent truce violations - Jul 05, 2012
- 5,000 paramilitary men to be deployed for anti naxal operations - Aug 01, 2009
- Vikaram Srivastava to head CRPF, Bhatia takes charges of ITBP - Feb 01, 2010
- Raman Srivastava takes charge as Special Secretary (Internal Security) MHA - Dec 02, 2008
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- BSF recovers heroin, fake currency from Pakistan border - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,