Ramalinga Raju’’s bail plea hearing todayJanuary 16th, 2009 - 11:50 am ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Jan 16 (ANI): The Hyderabad court will hear a bail plea of Ramalinga Raju today.
On January 12, besides Ramalinga Raju, the court had deferred the hearing of the bail plea of Ramalinga’’s brother Rama Raju and Satyam’’s Chief Financial Officer Vadlamani Srinivas.
All are in judicial custody till January 23 and have been lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison.
The court will also hear a petition filed by the Security and Exchange board of India (SEBI) for quizzing Raju and the two others while they are in judicial custody.
Raju’’s lawyer Bharat Kumar told reporters that a team of 25 lawyers has been put together to defend Raju and others.
Meanwhile, police stepped up their investigation into the case, having charged Ramalinga Raju and B. Rama Raju with criminal conspiracy and forgery after Raju admitted profits had been falsified for years and quit.
A case has been filed against Raju under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 406 (criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating), 468 (forgery for cheating) and 477-a (fraudulent cancellation of securities) of IPC.
Raju had disclosed a financial fraud in the company to the tune of Rs 7,800 crore by inflating profits and showing fictitious assets where none existed.
The company’’s scrip has fallen nearly 80 per cent since the revelation was made. (ANI)
- Raju''s bail petition hearing today - Jan 19, 2009
- Raju brothers, Srinivas bail plea dismissed - Jan 28, 2009
- Hyderabad court defers Raju''s bail plea hearing to Jan 16 - Jan 12, 2009
- Raju''s bail petition hearing on January 19 - Jan 16, 2009
- Court reserves verdict on Raju's bail plea - Aug 16, 2010
- Ex-Satyam chief Raju files revision petition in Andhra Pradesh HC - Jan 19, 2009
- Andhra High Court adjourns hearing on Raju's bail plea - Aug 05, 2010
- Five accused in Satyam scam get bail (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- Ex-Satyam chief Raju''s bail plea hearing postponed till January 22 - Jan 19, 2009
- Andhra Pradesh HC rejects ex-Satyam chief Raju''s revised petition - Jan 19, 2009
- Former Satyam chief Raju gets bail (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Former Satyam chief Raju gets bail (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Ramalinga Raju, others sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Mar 09, 2009
- Ramalinga Raju, others sent to CBI custody - Mar 09, 2009
- Satyam chief Raju sent to judicial remand till Jan. 23 - Jan 10, 2009
Tags: b rama raju, bail plea, bharat kumar, breach of trust, central prison, chief financial officer, criminal breach of trust, criminal conspiracy, crore, exchange board, fictitious assets, financial fraud, forgery, judicial custody, quizzing, ramalinga raju, satyam, scrip, sebi, srinivas