Ramadoss, Velu resign from Manmohan MinistryMarch 28th, 2009 - 10:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 28 (ANI): The Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) nominees in the Union Cabinet, Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss and Minister of State for Railways R. Velu on Saturday resigned from their ministerial posts.
“We have submitted our resignation to the honourable Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh,” Ramadoss told reporters here.
The PMK chief said that he has explained the circumstances to the Prime Minister.
“We explained to Prime Minister the problems we are facing with the DMK in Tamil Nadu. Dr. Singh assured us that he would send their resignation letters to the President Pratibha Patil with a heavy heart,” Ramadoss added.
The move comes two days after the party surprised all and decided to switch-over to AIADMK-led alliance in Tamil Nadu for the Lok Sabha polls.
Ramadoss on Thursday said he would quit the Union Cabinet in two days following decision by his party not to join the DMK-Congress-led front in Tamil Nadu for the Lok Sabha polls.
Meanwhile in Chennai, the AIADMK has finalised seat-sharing arrangements with its new ally PMK.
After meeting with PMK founder President S. Ramdoss, AIADMK General Secretary Jayalalitha said the PMK has been allotted seven Lok Sabha seats.
“The PMK is very much part of the AIADMK front. We have entered into an alliance and this is now an unbeatable winning combination. As to how successful the alliance
will be, can be proved after the election results,” she added. (ANI)
- Ramadoss, Velu to resign today - Mar 28, 2009
- President Patil accepts resignation of Ramadoss and R.Velu - Mar 29, 2009
- DMK joins hands with PMK for Tamil Nadu assembly polls - Feb 18, 2011
- PMK to be part of the DMK-Congress alliance in Tamil Nadu: - Jan 30, 2011
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to address election rally in Puducherry - Apr 05, 2011
- PMK leader Ramadoss' Rajya Sabha dreams go awry - May 15, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit poll-bound Tamil Nadu, Puducherry - Apr 04, 2011
- Karunanidhi to discuss seat-sharing with PM, Sonia - Jan 31, 2011
- Karunanidhi meets Prime Minister, discusses fishermen killings - Jan 31, 2011
- PMK opts to join hands with Jayalalithaa's AIADMK - Mar 26, 2009
- PMK releases its manifesto for general elections - Mar 27, 2009
- AIADMK, CPI-M in talks on seat sharing - Feb 19, 2011
- DMK-PMK in pact for Tamil Nadu elections (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Raja's arrest will not affect ties with DMK, says Congress spokesman - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: aiadmk, dmk, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, founder president, general secretary, health minister, heavy heart, honourable, jayalalitha, lok sabha polls, lok sabha seats, manmohan, manmohan singh, minister of state, ministerial posts, resignation letters, tamil nadu, union cabinet, winning combination