Ramadoss calls on Norwegian Prime Minister in OsloNovember 18th, 2008 - 7:31 pm ICT by ANI
Oslo (Norway), Nov 18 (ANI): Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr Anbumani Ramadoss, who is on official visit to Norway met the Prime Minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg at Oslo today and discussed issues pertaining to health sector cooperation between the two countries.
During this meeting, Dr. Ramadoss highlighted implementation of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM), Imunisation Programme, maternal and child health programme, tobacco control measures, HIV/AIDS in India.
Stoltenberg appreciated Dr Ramadoss on the NRHM and the reduction in Maternal mortality ratio in India.
During this meeting, Dr. Ramadoss was assisted by G.C.Chaturvedi, Additional Secretary and Mission Director, NRHM, Dr. Lalit Kant, Senior Deputy Director General, Indian Council of Medical Research and K.Dhanavel, Private Secretary to the Minister. (ANI)
- Norway, India extend programme on child, maternal mortality - Jun 19, 2012
- Azad asks States to set up more medical colleges - Jan 12, 2011
- Norway remembers Oslo, Utoeya victims - Jul 22, 2012
- 11 dead in bomb and gun attack in Norway (Third Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- One dead in blast near Norwegian PM's office (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Fast-track mode work for 264 backward districts' - Apr 11, 2012
- Tobacco control programme to be combined with NRHM - May 31, 2012
- UN General Assembly condemns Norway attacks - Jul 23, 2011
- Ramadoss fumes at Godfrey Phillips - Sep 08, 2011
- Rs.1,170 crore to check maternal, infant mortality - Aug 19, 2011
- Norway holds memorial for twin attack victims - Aug 22, 2011
- PM condemns 'senseless' Oslo violence - Jul 25, 2011
- Tibetans are close to Norwegians: Dalai Lama - Jul 24, 2011
- India condemns 'senseless' violence in Norway - Jul 24, 2011
- Gunman kills 85 at Norwegian youth camp, blast kills 7 in Oslo - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: deputy director general, family welfare, health sector, hiv aids, jens stoltenberg, lalit, maternal and child health, maternal mortality ratio, medical research, minister of health, mission director, national rural health, national rural health mission, norwegian prime minister, oslo norway, prime minister of norway, private secretary, sector cooperation, tobacco control, union minister