Ramadoss assures all help for revamping Kashmir’’s health infrastructureJanuary 28th, 2009 - 2:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 28 (ANI): Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss has assured all support to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in revamping the health infrastructure in the state.
Abdullah had called on the Health Minister late last evening. He raised the issue of central assistance to new maternity hospitals in Jammu and Srinagar.
Dr Ramadoss assured that efforts will be made to raise the resources and the Planning Commission will be approached in this regard. He also expressed the hope that the state will be given all possible help in training the doctors and paramedical staff for super specialties being created in the state under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna.
Dr Ramadoss encouraged the state to create more opportunities for nursing colleges in the state.
“National Rural Health Mission is a huge opportunity for the states and they should use it to create quality infrastructure”, he said.
He also promised positive outlook in the issues of recognition of MD Paediatric in the Government Medical College, Jammu and regularization of the BDS students admitted in the academic sessions 2004-5, 2006-6 and 2006-7, provided that the deficiencies are addressed in a prompt manner.
Dr Ramadoss also instructed the Department of Ayush to examine the possibilities in the state of Jammu and Kashmir under the National Mission on Medicinal Plants.
“We recognize the special circumstances of the Jammu and Kashmir and we will do our best to ensure the best possible healthcare for the people of the state”, he said. (ANI)
- Separate societies for six AIIMS-like institutions to be set up under PMSSY - Aug 26, 2010
- Dr. Ramadoss assures upgradation of medical infrastructure in Puducherry - Dec 16, 2008
- Government proposing a new National Urban Health Mission: PM - Jun 30, 2012
- Cabinet clears societies to run six AIIMS-like institutions - Aug 09, 2010
- Super-speciality hospital to come up in Himachal - Nov 23, 2010
- Omars gets assurance for many J-K projects from Centre - Jan 30, 2009
- Ramadoss promises better health facilities for Kashmir - Jan 28, 2009
- Government adopts multi-pronged approach to correct uneven progress in health indicators - Feb 25, 2010
- Better health services for poor envisaged (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Cheaper drugs, better health services for poor (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Cabinet gives nod to set up six AIIMS-like institutions - Mar 19, 2010
- Consultative committee lauds Health Ministry's progress in AYUSH sector - Mar 24, 2011
- Himachal Pradesh to spend more on health - Mar 21, 2012
- Six AIIMS-like institutions to be registered as societies - Aug 09, 2010
- CBI files chargesheet against Ramadoss - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: academic sessions, central assistance, department of ayush, family welfare, government medical college, health infrastructure, health minister, jammu and kashmir, kashmir chief minister, maternity hospitals, medicinal plants, national rural health, national rural health mission, nursing colleges, positive outlook, quality infrastructure, regularization, special circumstances, state of jammu and kashmir, union minister