Ram Navmi celebrated on FridayApril 3rd, 2009 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr. 3 (ANI): Ram Navami, the birthday of Lord Ram, is being celebrated today with religious zeal and gaiety across the country.
President Pratibha Singh Patil, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh have greeted the nationals on the occasion.
In her message, President Patil said: “May the celebrations of this joyous festival bring all our people together and inspire us to follow the highest moral and ethical values of Lord Ram and rededicate ourselves to build a glorious nation.”
Vice President Ansari said the life and teachings of Lord Rama is a beacon of light to mankind with his message that the good and the righteous shall always emerge victorious.
Prime Minister Dr. Singh said that Lord Ram is the embodiment of righteousness and high moral values. His philosophy and teachings inspire all of us to rededicate ourselves to cause of the underprivileged with service and sacrifice.
“May the festival usher in happiness, prosperity and well being of all,” Dr. Singh said.
Ram Navami marks the birth of Lord Ram, who according to legend, rid the world of the demon Ravan - the symbol of evil and is one of the most important Hindu festival.
To celebrate Ramnanmi, a large number of devotees have reached Lord Ram’s birthplace ‘Ayodhya’ situated in UP.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city. (ANI)
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- Hamid Ansari greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami (Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- President, Vice President greet people on 'Ram Navami' - Apr 02, 2009
- President, vice-president, PM greet nation on Ramnavami - Apr 02, 2009
- President Patil greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, PM greet the nation on Buddha Purnima - May 05, 2012
- PM greets the nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- Prime Minister greets nation on 'Ram Navami' - Apr 02, 2009
- PM greets nation on Ram Navami - Mar 23, 2010
- Diwali being celebrated with traditional fervour and zeal across India - Nov 05, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Dussehra, Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Mahavir Jayanti (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: devotees, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, embodiment, gaiety, glorious nation, hamid ansari, hindu festival, lord ram, lord rama, mankind, manmohan, manmohan singh, moral values, New Delhi, ram navami, ram navmi, religious zeal, righteousness, security arrangements