Rajnath Singh vows to build temple at AyodhyaFebruary 7th, 2009 - 4:57 pm ICT by ANI
Nagpur, Feb 7 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh said on Saturday that nobody could shake the party’’s faith in Lord Ram, in honour of whom a grand temple will be built at Ayodhya.
Rajnath’’s inaugural speech at the two-day BJP National Council meet left thousands of party men shouting the chants of ”Jai Shri Ram”.
He critisised the failure of Congress to resolve the Ram Janmabhoomi issue.
Rajnath assured that if the BJP comes to power, it would try to set up a fast-track court to resolve the issue and take other effective measures after keeping allies into confidence.
“The day BJP will get a clear majority we will, if necessary, bring a law on the issue,” he said.
The BJP has been severely criticised for its direct involvement in the movement which culminated in the destruction of the Babri Masjid in December 6,1992.
However,the BJP has been repeatedly denied the blaim over the years, saying that it wanted the demolition of the Babri Mosque through lawful process. (ANI)
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- Ayodhya verdict does not condone Babri razing: Congress (Second Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Babri demolition anniversary low-key in Ayodhya-Faizabad - Dec 06, 2011
- No link between Ayodhya verdict, Babri demolition: BJP - Oct 05, 2010
- RSS 'happy' about verdict on Ayodhya - May 09, 2011
- Apex court admits plea against Ayodhya verdict - Aug 08, 2011
- Ayodhya verdict likely to head to Supreme Court: Advani - Sep 19, 2010
- Ayodhya case: Advani, others oppose CBI plea - Jan 16, 2012
- BJP leader welcomes Supreme Court ruling on Ayodhya - May 09, 2011
- Someone must be responsible for Babri mosque demolition, says Chidambaram - Dec 08, 2009
- No question of regret over Babri demolition: Mohan Bhagwat (Lead) - Dec 05, 2009
- Resolve Ayodhya issue through talks: Vinay Katiyar to government - Sep 15, 2010
- Ayodhya case: Advani, others oppose CBI plea (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Indians have moved on, now leaders must: Indian media - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: allies, ayodhya, babri masjid, babri mosque, bharatiya janata party, bjp president, blaim, chants, confidence, demolition, fast track, grand temple, honour, inaugural speech, jai, lord ram, nagpur, party men, rajnath singh, ram janmabhoomi