Rajnath refuses to comment on Advani’s role in Kandahar hijackAugust 28th, 2009 - 4:14 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 28 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh on Friday refused to speak on Advani’s role in the Kandahar hijack.
” I refused to say anything on the Advani issue,” said Singh.
Singh’s reaction came a day after former National Security Advisor Brajesh Mishra said that Advani was aware of all key decisions related to the hijacking of the Indian Airlines plane IC-814 to Kandahar in Afghanistan.
Mishra rebutted Advani’s contention that he was unaware about IC-814 being taken from Amritsar to Kandahar by terrorists.
He also rejected the view that Advani did not know that a Cabinet Minister would be flying to Kandahar to secure the release of the hostages in exchange for the three most wanted terrorists.
Mishra’s views on the Kandahar hijacking comes days after former External Affairs Minister Jaswant Singh embarrassed Advani by saying that he (Jaswant Singh) “covered” up for him (Advani) when he said that the former Home Minister was not aware that he was going to Kandahar with three terrorists in 1999.
He also said Advani was aware of the decision to release of the terrorists in exchange for freedom of over 160 hostages kept in the Indian Airlines plane that was hijacked.
“Yes, he did,” Singh told the NDTV news channel last Friday when asked whether Advani knew that Singh was going to Kandahar with three terrorists. (ANI)
- Kalam rejects Santhanam's Pokhran II failure claims, my stand reaffirmed says Jaswant - Aug 27, 2009
- Now, Yashwant Sinha backs Mishra on Advani's role in Kandahar hijack - Aug 27, 2009
- Advani must offer unconditional apology for misleading nation on Kandahar: Congress - Aug 27, 2009
- Kandahar hijacking: Ex-NSA Mishra says Advani was aware of all key decisions taken - Aug 27, 2009
- Advani knew of Kandahar, say Brajesh Mishra, Yashwant Sinha (Lead) - Aug 27, 2009
- Advani knew about all Kandahar decisions: Brajesh Mishra - Aug 27, 2009
- Party colleagues put Advani on the mat on Kandahar - Aug 28, 2009
- India toughens anti-hijack policy, but remains vulnerable (12 years after IC-814 hijack) - Dec 23, 2011
- Pawar lauds Jaswant Singh, Brajesh Mishra for telling 'truth' - Aug 28, 2009
- Trying to verify identity of Pakistani held in Chile: Krishna - Apr 13, 2011
- Genuine oversight, not monumental error: Chidambaram on Most Wanted list (Second Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Kandahar again - Congress rubbishes Jaswant's clean chit to Advani - Apr 24, 2009
- `I covered up for Advani on Kandahar,' says Jaswant Singh - Aug 21, 2009
- Advani meets RSS chief - Aug 29, 2009
- Jaitley, Swaraj meet Bhagwat and Advani - Aug 29, 2009
Tags: advani, amritsar, bharatiya janata party, bjp president, brajesh mishra, cabinet minister, external affairs minister, former national security advisor, hijack, hijacking, home minister, hostages, indian airlines plane, kandahar, last friday, minister jaswant singh, national security advisor, ndtv, ndtv news channel, rajnath singh