Raje asked to meet BJP leadership on Aug.30August 28th, 2009 - 12:27 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug.28 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) central leadership on Friday asked former Rajsthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje to report to them in New Delhi on August 30 (Sunday).
Sources said that she has first been asked to meet senior party leader M. Venkaiah Naidu.
Following that meeting, Raje is expected to meet BJP President Rajnath Singh.
On Thursday, Raje asserted that she had no plans to leave Rajasthan and would continue to serve the people of the state “post or no post”.
“I have no plan to leave Rajasthan, post or no post, I will always live (here), love and take care of people of Rajasthan without hurting the sentiments of the party,” she told reporters while observing a sitdown protest outside the state assembly in Jaipur.
“I have built up a good relationship with the people of the state during my five-year tenure as chief minister. So, I will be always there to serve them,” she said.
Raje, however, declined to comment on whether she would resign from the post.
Raje has been asked by the BJP high command to step down as the Leader of the Opposition in the wake of the party’s poor performance in the Lok Sabha and the state Assembly elections.
On August 10, Rajnath Singh and asked Raje to resign as Leader of Opposition as part of the BJP’s plan to replace all state unit chiefs as well as leaders of the legislative parties where the it had performed poorly during the last general elections.
According to sources an agreement has reportedly been reached between Raje and Singh on the issue.
Raje met Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani and Singh in their respective residences on Saturday.
Last week, Raje’s paraded her supporters before the senior leaders in a show of strength.
In the 2009 general elections, the BJP was reduced to four seats from 23 that it had in 2004 in Rajasthan. (ANI)
- Raje confirms that she will meet BJP central leaders soon - Aug 28, 2009
- Raje misses her meeting with Naidu, sends son Dushyant - Aug 31, 2009
- Vasundhara Raje to Venkaiah Naidu today - Aug 31, 2009
- Vasundhara Raje elected Rajasthan BJP head - Feb 26, 2011
- Rajasthan BJP crisis: Raje supporters want her as state chief - May 07, 2012
- 40 Rajasthan BJP legislators offer to resign - May 06, 2012
- Raje resigns finally, criticises BJP leadership (Lead) - Oct 23, 2009
- Raje arrives in New Delhi to meet senior BJP leaders - Aug 30, 2009
- Raje resigns as Rajasthan Assembly's Leader of Opposition - Feb 22, 2010
- Vasundhara Raje calls on Advani and Rajnath Singh in Delhi - Aug 22, 2009
- Raje leaves for New Delhi to meet BJP central leaders - Aug 30, 2009
- Raje supporters want her as state chief, BJP says rift over (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Raje to quit after Rajasthan Assembly session - Aug 23, 2009
- Rift in Rajasthan BJP, 40 legislators offer to resign (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Raje's meeting with Advani, Rajnath delayed - Aug 22, 2009
Tags: assembly elections, august 10, bharatiya janata party, central leadership, chief minister, general elections, good relationship, jaipur, l k advani, leader of opposition, leader of the opposition, Lok Sabha, New Delhi, party leader, poor performance, rajasthan, sentiments, show of strength, state assembly, unit chiefs