Rajbir Singh killed by service revolver, murder was planned: Gurgaon PoliceMarch 30th, 2008 - 7:41 pm ICT by admin
Gurgaon, Mar 30 (ANI): The Gurgaon Police on Sunday claimed that the encounter specialist Assistant Commissioner of Delhi Police Rajbir Singh’s murder was planned, and the key accused Vijay Bhardwaj used a “missing” revolver of Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) of Haryana in the murder.
According to the police, ASP Hissar had lost the revolver during an operation in Dadri on July 21 last year, and had subsequently lodged an FIR. Rajbir gave the same revolver to property dealer Bhardwaj.
Gurgaon Police Commissioner Mohinder Lal told a pres conference that the Rajbir’s murder was planned, and it was not a spontaneous incident.
The police is still ascertaining as to how the missing revolver reached Rajbir.
Rajbir gave the revolver to Bhardwaj to extort money from another estate agent, and since Bhardwaj owed money to Rajbir, which he could not pay back by March 24, he murdered Rajbir, claimed the police.
On Sunday, Vijay Bhardwaj said in the court that he is facing threats to his life and asked for security.
Forty-eight-year-old Singh was attached with the Special Operations Squad of Delhi Police and had been provided ‘Z’ category security cover.
A winner of five medals, including the President’s Police Medal for Gallantry, Singh was involved in investigations related to the Parliament and Red Fort attack cases.
He was transferred from the Crime Branch to Delhi Armed Police after allegations of his involvement in an illegal land deal last year. There were also allegations of his links with drug traffickers and land mafia.
The vigilance probe, however, gave him a clean chit and he returned to head the Special Operations Squad in November last year. (ANI)
- ACP Rajbir murder suspect in hospital - Mar 29, 2008
- Bhardwaj confesses to have gunned down Rajbir Singh - Mar 25, 2008
- No top Delhi cop at encounter specialist Rajbir Singh's funeral - Mar 25, 2008
- Ex-soldier scripts kidnap of son for ransom - Jul 02, 2012
- Gangster Munna Bajrangi suspected behind ACP Rajbir's murder held (Lead) - Oct 29, 2009
- 'Rajbir Singh shot dead with missing police revolver' - Mar 30, 2008
- Encounter specialist Rajbir Singh murdered in Gurgaon - Mar 25, 2008
- Delhi's famed cop slain by friend - with revolver he gifted - Mar 25, 2008
- Rajbir was victim of 'premeditated conspiracy': Police - Mar 30, 2008
- Three held for Delhi woman's trafficking - Jun 09, 2012
- 718 security personnel conferred medals - Aug 14, 2010
- 755 police men awarded for gallantry, 18 posthumously - Jan 25, 2011
- Builder's guard held for firing on parking issue - Jan 22, 2012
- 'Rajbir was murdered by professional killer' - Jun 09, 2008
- Young Lieutenant wins Ashok Chakra posthumously - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: allegations, armed police, assistant commissioner, clean chit, crime branch, delhi police, drug traffickers, fir, gallantry, haryana, lal, mafia, medals, mohinder, police commissioner, police medal, service revolver, special operations, specialist assistant, vigilance