Rajasthan Govt announces compensation for Ajmer blast victims(lead: Ajmer blast)November 14th, 2007 - 2:05 am ICT by admin
The blast took place at around 6: 15 pm (IST), when people were readying themselves to break their daylong fast that are observed during the holy month of Ramzan.
The Union Home Ministry has termed the blast as a terror attack and have sent a team of forensic experts to the site. High alert has been sounded in Delhi and Mumbai. The ministry has also issued directions to the State governments to remain vigilant.
Officials of the Ministry said that a ‘general advisory’ was already issued in view of the festivals that are round the corner and the Rajasthan Government had taken necessary precautions.
”However, we are alert and we have issued a countrywide alert because the festival season is near. Id is to be celebrated soon and so is Dusshera and Durga Pooja. So, we are alert,” said Union Home Minister of State for Home, Sriprakash Jaiswal.
According to eyewitnesses the bomb was placed in a polythene bag and kept near a tree in the compound of the Dargah. There were approximately 5000 people in the shrine at the time of blast.
The injured have been rushed to the nearby hospital.
The police have cordoned off the area. (ANI)
- Send Chisty to Pakistan, Zardari tells Manmohan - Apr 14, 2012
- Ajmer dargah security being beefed up after ministry censure - Jul 04, 2011
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- Khalil Chisti's release to take a few days - Apr 09, 2012
- Omar shown black flags in Ajmer - Apr 03, 2011
- Pakistani prisoner Khalil Chisti steps out of jail - Apr 11, 2012
- Zardari arrives in Ajmer, heads for dargah - Apr 08, 2012
- Court seeks reply on Ajmer shrine's administration - Jul 19, 2011
- Pakistani prisoner, 80, moves closer to release - Aug 05, 2011
- Bail to Chisty comes at a significant time, says nephew - Apr 09, 2012
- Sarabjit's kin in Ajmer, seek his release - Apr 08, 2012
- SC grants bail to Pakistani doctor Chisty - Apr 09, 2012
- Pakistani prisoner may be released - Jul 27, 2011
- Ajmer shrine finally receives Zardari's $1 mn donation - Aug 18, 2012
- NIA not allowed to question Ajmer dargah blast suspect - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: ajmer, countrywide, durga pooja, forensic experts, lakh, nearby hospital, necessary precautions, polythene, rajasthan government, rupees, union home minister, union home ministry, vasundhara raje