Rajasthan farmers use bio-ash to increase onion yieldDecember 27th, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by ANI
By Sarika Singh
Bilota (Rajasthan), Dec.27 (ANI): Farmers in Rajasthan’s Bilota village are using bio-ash, a by-product from a nearby factory, as it has increased onion yield this year with around 200-250 quintals.
Apart from the yield, the onions grown with the help of the bio-ash have better texture and volume.
Ravinder Sharma, director of Kalptaru Power Plant, said farmers have been using this ash as a fertiliser for the last three years.
“We are using the fly ash mostly for agricultural purposes. We have been using this ash for the last three years. It has been used in all cropping seasons like Rabi, Kharif and Zaid. Most importantly when the farmers use this bio-ash in their fields, it fosters the cultivation capability of the soil,” said Sharma.
Ramesh Meena, a farmer, said they have been getting a better yield after using this ash along with onion crop.
“We got this ash and put it in fields and then grow the onion crop. Due to this ash, our yield has increased by two times. The onions are shinier and plumper,” said Meena.
The ash is derived out of the waste products of mustard crop. (ANI)
- Onion export ban lifted - Sep 20, 2011
- Ban on GM crops' field trials in Karnataka demanded - Jul 04, 2011
- MSP hiked to boost food production - Oct 25, 2011
- Meet on winter crop strategy in Delhi - Sep 20, 2012
- Rajasthan launches interest-free loan for farmers - Jul 22, 2012
- Cabinet decides to raise minimum support price for Rabi crop - Oct 20, 2010
- Farmers rejoice over first monsoon showers in Rajashthan - Jul 21, 2010
- Minimum support prices for pulses, wheat raised - Oct 20, 2010
- Amid monsoon worry, interest-free loan for Rajasthan farmers - Jul 29, 2012
- Bihar farmer sets organic wheat production record - Apr 12, 2012
- Onion prices to fall further: NAFED - Nov 27, 2010
- Government to plan rabi crop strategy - Sep 13, 2011
- Crops worth millions washed off in Chhattisgarh rains - Dec 09, 2010
- Organic potatoes, with love, for Bihar legislators - Mar 28, 2012
- Bihar's Srividhi campaign arouses interest in other states - Apr 16, 2012