Raj Thackeray arrested after surrender in Mumbai courtNovember 15th, 2008 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Nov 15 (ANI): Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray was arrested after he surrendered in a Mumbai court, in the wake of a non-bailable warrant issued against him by a Jamshedpur court.
On Friday, Thackeray’’s plea to transfer a complaint case from a Jamshedpur court to Mumbai could not come up for hearing in the Jharkhand High Court.
The petition had been filed last month after a case was filed against Thackeray in June this year.
Jamshedpur judicial magistrate A K Tiwari has already issued an arrest warrant against Thackeray after he failed to appear before it. This forced him to move the high court for transfer of the case from Jamshedpur to Mumbai. The High Court had adjourned the hearing on October 24.
Thackeray is facing seven cases, including four in Jamshedpur and three in Jharkhand (Jamtara, Garwah and Dhanbad) for his anti-north Indian accusations and attacks on them by MNS activists. (ANI)
- Jharkhand High Court to hear Raj Thackeray''s petition - Nov 14, 2008
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Raj arrested, freed on bail (Second Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar extended (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Raj Thackeray secures bail after arrest (Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- Arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba stayed - May 23, 2012
- Jamshedpur court sends warrant for Raj Thackeray - Oct 20, 2008
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Bihar court issues warrant for Bal Thackeray's arrest - Sep 05, 2009
- Jharkhand court issues notice on Raj Thackeray - Feb 18, 2009
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- Two arrest warrants pending against Raj Thackeray in Jharkhand - Oct 21, 2008
- Bihar court issues warrant against Bal Thackeray - Sep 05, 2009
- Fodder scam: Petition filed to make Nitish Kumar an accused - Sep 07, 2012