Rahul praising Nitish indicates Cong’s losing battle: HeptullahMay 6th, 2009 - 6:12 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, May 6 (ANI): BJP leader Najma Heptullah on Wednesday said that Rahul Gandhi’s new found admiration for NDA ally Nitish Kumar is a clear indication that the Congress party is losing the Lok Sabha elections.
“That Congress leader Rahul Gandhi sought to reach out to NDA partners like Nitish Kumar, and praised him for development (of Bihar), is a clear indication that they are losing the elections,” BJP leader Najma Heptullah told reporters at a press conference.
She, unlike other BJP leaders, accepted AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi’s “awareness of ground realities.”
“Rahul has been touring the country and is aware of the ground realities. He is also aware that NDA is set to come to power again,” she said.
Heptullah accused the Congress Party of applying double standards in Lalu Prasad Yadav’s case. She said the party didn’t shy away from taking support of RJD chief Laloo Prasad to form government in 2004, whose Jungle Raj they had criticized when he was the chief minister of Bihar.
Replying to questions, she also spoke against former NDA ally and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for her opposition to the Nano car project at Singur.
“This project could have ensured employment for many youth. It appears Trinamool has been imitating what the Left used to do in the past, opposing projects and going for bandhs”, she said.
On the possibility of Mamata’s return to the NDA fold, Heptullah said, “it is for her to take a decision”. (ANI)
- NDA to finalise vice presidential nominee Monday - Jul 15, 2012
- BJP trying to woo Trinamool Congress back to NDA? - May 25, 2012
- Mamata welcome to join NDA: BJP - May 27, 2012
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- President polls: Congress hopes for Mamata's support - May 03, 2012
- JD-U and BJP sweep Bihar, RJD and Congress humiliated (Fourth Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Vice president poll: UPA renominates Ansari, BJP bracing for contest (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Countdown begins, presidential poll on July 19 (Roundup) - Jun 12, 2012
- Mamata has relations with BJP, not us: CPI-M - Apr 15, 2011
- Kalam out of presidential fight, BJP, Mamata red-faced (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Bihar leaders in war of words over PM candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- JD-U, Trinamool yet to reach accord in UP - Jan 27, 2012
- Sonia, Rahul to campaign for last round of Bihar polls - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: bihar, bjp leader, bjp leaders, car project, chief minister, congress leader, congress party, general secretary, ground realities, kolkata, laloo prasad, lalu prasad yadav, lok sabha elections, losing battle, mamata banerjee, najma heptullah, nitish, party didn, rahul gandhi, trinamool congress