Rahul Gandhi’s stolen mobile found with IGI bag handlerJune 28th, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 28 (ANI): The mobile phone of Congress General Secretary and Amethi MP Rahul Gandhi was stolen from his checked-in baggage at the Indira Gandhi International Airport last week.
The incident occurred when Rahul arrived in New Delhi from London.
According to source, the handset was found after a couple of days later from a baggage handler.
After returning home Rahul Gandhi come to know that his handset was missing from the bag and informed Special Protection Group (SPG) officials.
A technical surveillance by CCTV camera carried out by the CISF helped investigators to detect the lost mobile phone.
Sources said, no case was lodged about the incident similarly incidents were now occurring frequently at the IGI Airport and steps are being taken to contain them, sources said. (ANI)
- Man held for Rs.35,000 theft at Delhi airport - Jun 17, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi's aide held at airport for carrying bullet - Nov 10, 2011
- Cargo loaders arrested for stealing 106 mobiles - Sep 20, 2010
- CBI seizes antique sculpture - Mar 29, 2012
- American held at Delhi airport for carrying bullet - Mar 16, 2011
- Businessman held for stealing mobile - Aug 23, 2012
- Key suspect in Mumbai terror attack held - Jun 25, 2012
- Metro starts check-in for international flyers - Feb 23, 2012
- Probe into recovery of bullet from Rahul aide - Nov 12, 2011
- CISF reviews airport security after double breach (Lead) - Mar 28, 2010
- Delhi Police has done a magnificent job: S.M. Krishna - Jun 25, 2012
- Seven flights cancelled in Delhi for technical reasons - Dec 24, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi meets kin of ferry disaster victims - May 02, 2012
- Key suspect in Mumbai terror attack held (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Delhi Metro airport line to open by March (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: amethi, baggage handler, cisf, congress, couple of days, general secretary, handset, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, investigators, london, mobile phone, mp, New Delhi, rahul gandhi, returning home, special protection group, stolen mobile, technical surveillance