Rahul Gandhi visits Uttar Pradesh hospital to see flood-hit patientsSeptember 12th, 2008 - 2:29 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow , Sept 12 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, who is on two-day visit to Uttar Pradesh, on Friday visited the Baba Raghav Das (BRD) Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur to see the people suffering from flood related ailments and brain fever.
The Amethi MP visited the Intensive Care Unit and children wards and was briefed about the conditions of the patients by the doctors attending on them.
The Congress leader assured the relatives of the patients of all possible help from the Centre. About 160 patients suffering from Japanese Encephalities are being treated at the hospital.
After paying a visit to the flood-affected regions in Bihar, Gandhi arrived at Deoria by train on Thursday and visited the flood-affected areas of Deoria, Kushinagar and Gorakhpur district and interacted with the people there. In Gorakhpur , he flagged off four trucks containing essential commodities for the flood-affected. (ANI)
- Japanese Encephalitis: Azad visits Gorakhpur - Oct 20, 2011
- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh battle to contain deadly encephalitis outbreak (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh battles viruses, over 200 dead - Sep 10, 2010
- Three more kids die of Japanese encephalitis, toll 332 - Sep 26, 2011
- Encephalitis scare in UP after 88 deaths - Jun 16, 2012
- Rahul meets Mulayam's son Akhilesh on Uttar Pradesh visit - Sep 12, 2008
- Encephalitis claims five more lives in Uttar Pradesh, toll 166 - Aug 20, 2009
- Rahul tours flood-hit Uttar Pradesh district - Sep 11, 2008
- Eight die of Japanese Enchephalitis in Gorakhpur - Aug 18, 2009
- Encephalitis death toll mounts to 552 in UP - Dec 04, 2009
- GoM on encephalitis has to deliver: Child rights panel - Nov 06, 2011
- Homeopathy, fish to take on encephalitis in UP? - Jun 30, 2012
- GoM on Japanese encephalitis to meet soon: Azad - Nov 08, 2011
- Japanese Encephalitis cases on decline - Oct 24, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi to tour flood-hit Uttar Pradesh district - Sep 10, 2008
Tags: ailments, amethi, baba, bihar, brain fever, brd, commodities, congress leader, deoria, flood, general secretary, gorakhpur district, intensive care unit, japanese encephalities, kushinagar, medical college hospital, mp, rahul gandhi, relatives, wards