Rahul Gandhi to arrive in Amethi todayJanuary 26th, 2008 - 12:14 pm ICT by admin
Amethi, Jan 26 (ANI): AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi will arrive here today on a three-day visit to take stock of several development schemes.
During his visit, he will take stock of the implementation of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS).
The NREGS provides a legal guarantee for hundred days of employment in every financial year to adult members of any rural household willing to do unskilled manual work at the statutory minimum wage.
Besides reviewing projects, he will visit Salon and Tiloi areas.
On Sunday, Rahul will interact with local bodies and block representatives. Later, he will inaugurate road projects in Jamo area.
Before leaving for Delhi, he will attend a meeting of district monitoring committee. (ANI)
- Kashmiri youth benefit from government employment scheme - Feb 26, 2011
- Tripura provides most jobs under NREGA - Dec 10, 2011
- NREGS may be linked to skill development - Sep 30, 2011
- Best district in rural jobs scheme - really? - Apr 09, 2011
- Goa's Congress minister questions NREG Scheme - Dec 16, 2009
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- Joshi rejects Modi's demand for probe into job scheme - Jul 28, 2010
- Delayed wages, corruption in MNREGA worry PM, Sonia (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Tripura tops rural jobs scheme - Jul 22, 2010
- Make MNREGA a success, say PM, Sonia - Feb 02, 2012
- 'Rural jobs scheme should have off period during agriculture season' - Mar 20, 2012
- Employment guarantee scheme wage hiked - Jan 06, 2011
- LJP activists protest against Centre for poor implementation of MGNREGA - Mar 30, 2011
- Want uniforms, less working hours: Rural job scheme workers - Mar 05, 2012
- Rural job scheme causing farm labour shortage: Study - Feb 12, 2012
Tags: adult members, aicc, general secretary, guarantee scheme, household, hundred days, implementation, legal guarantee, monitoring committee, nregs, rahul gandhi, road projects, statutory minimum wage, stock