Rahul Gandhi starts youth Congress membership campaignFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by ANI
Rajkot, Feb 22 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi today visited the border district of Kutch in Gujarat to further accelerate the youth Congress membership campaign.
Gandhi will pay homage to Kasturba Gandhi on her death anniversary today at Gandhiji’’s ancestral home in Rajkot.
He will then meet local youth Congress leaders at Kishanpara chowk in Rajkot and interact with women from the Young Women’’s Convention at Hemu Gadhvi Hall.
Gandhi will also visit Bhujodi to see Kutchi handicrafts and meet artisans.
This is his third visit to Gujarat in last the 20 days, just ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
The Congress party has started a pilot project in Punjab to increase the strength of the Youth Congress through open elections.
In Punjab, the strength of the Youth Congress has increased from 30,000 members to more than 3.5 lakh after the introduction of the project. (ANI)
- Rahul Gandhi meets women artisans in Gujarat - Feb 22, 2009
- Bedspreads, paintings... Michelle can't stop buying Indian crafts (Second Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Bedspreads, Ganeshas, toys...Michelle can't stop buying at crafts museum (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Tannishtha mastered Kutchi dialect, thanks to local teacher (With Image) - Aug 07, 2012
- Commoner to leader, thousands pay homage to the Mahatma - Oct 02, 2011
- Asia's largest solar park functional in Gujarat - Apr 19, 2012
- Win people's trust, Rahul exhorts youth Congress leaders - Nov 29, 2011
- Michelle samples India's rich textiles, art - Nov 08, 2010
- BJP sweeps Gujarat local bodies elections (Lead) - Oct 23, 2010
- Gadkari draws parallel between Mahatma Gandhi, Modi - Jan 31, 2010
- Sonia's first appearance post surgery, visits Rajghat - Oct 02, 2011
- Mukul Dev to play Kutchi in next (With Image) - Apr 04, 2011
- Rahul to visit quake-hit Sikkim (Lead) - Sep 20, 2011
- Bachchan to lure tourists to more Gujarat sites - Aug 01, 2011
- Goa to showcase contemporary handicrafts - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: ancestral home, chowk, congress leaders, congress party, death anniversary, gandhiji, general secretary, gujarat, handicrafts, hemu, kasturba gandhi, kutch, lakh, Lok Sabha, membership campaign, open elections, pilot project, punjab, rahul gandhi, youth congress