Rahul Gandhi slams divisive politics, vouches for Gandhian principlesJanuary 31st, 2009 - 12:43 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Jan 31 (ANI): Congress General Secretary and MP Rahul Gandhi hit out at divisive politics and vowed to adopt Mahatma Gandhi’’s philosophy of uniting people.
Addressing Youth Congress members here on Friday, Rahul said, “There are two kind of politics one which divides is played by creating fear psychosis among the people” while the second one which was practiced by Mahatma Gandhi “is meant to liberate people from fear and install a sense of self- confidence among them.”
“India needs Mahatma Gandhi’’s style of politics.” he added.
“Mahatma Gandhi politics was for removing fear among the people. His philosophy was for uniting people and India needs such politics,” he said.
Describing Mahatma Gandhi as his mentor who guides him in times of difficulty, Rahul said he was grateful to Gujarat for giving the nation a leader who liberated us from fear and installed self confidence in us.
Rahul also slammed politicians for staying away from the masses.
“I often wonder why political leaders remain away from people. Gandhiji used to write 100 letters daily just to remain in touch with people. These days we have television, Internet and everything but we are away from our people,” he said.
“India should not be afraid of anyone in the world. India will go ahead and stand on its own because of its people and not because of politicians”, he added.
Rahul’’s campaign in Gujarat, comes ahead of general elections to the Parliament, expected to be conducted during April-May (ANI)
- If Gandhiji had lived for another 10 years... - Jan 30, 2012
- Commoner to leader, thousands pay homage to the Mahatma - Oct 02, 2011
- Election results a huge blow for Rahul, Congress (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Gandhi looking for pedestal in French heritage town - Jan 29, 2011
- Message from the President of India on the eve of Gandhi Jayanti - Oct 02, 2009
- Win people's trust, Rahul exhorts youth Congress leaders - Nov 29, 2011
- US diplomat was impressed with Rahul Gandhi: Wikileaks - Mar 20, 2011
- Gandhi's message very relevant today: Indian envoy - Jun 23, 2012
- Bengal Congress leaders meet Rahul, complain about Trinamool - Sep 13, 2011
- PM, Sonia vow to bring Lokpal, defend FDI (Roundup) - Nov 29, 2011
- Can Narendra Modi lead India, asks Time magazine - Mar 17, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi: post-caste politician succumbs to caste politics (Comment) - Feb 02, 2012
- A generation that wants to 'know the Mahatma' - Oct 02, 2011
- Sonia's first appearance post surgery, visits Rajghat - Oct 02, 2011
- Exhibition chronicles Gandhi-King ties - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: congress members, fear, gandhian principles, general elections, general secretary, gujarat, India, mahatma gandhi, mentor, mp, parliament, philosophy, political leaders, politicians, psychosis, rahul gandhi, self confidence, television internet, youth congress