Rahul Gandhi likely to visit villages near DhakaAugust 3rd, 2008 - 7:51 pm ICT by ANI
Dhaka, August 3 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi is likely to visit villages near Dhaka on Sunday where he is expected to interact with the Grameen Bank officials on the countrys micro credit projects.
He is on a five-day visit to Bangladesh .
Rahul Gandhi also visited BRAC-run micro credit projects, village organisational meetings of women, primary children’’s education, mass library, pregnant and women health care programmes and adolescent centre.
On Monday, he is scheduled to visit Grameen Bank office at Mirpur before leaving Dhaka on Tuesday.
According to reports, Bangladesh media have been giving wide coverage of Gandhi’’s visit. (ANI)
- Bangladesh forms panel on Grameen Bank - May 16, 2012
- Dhaka court hears petition challenging Yunus' ouster - Mar 06, 2011
- Bangladesh to probe Grameen 'irregularities' - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Charges against Muhammad Yunus politically motivated' - Feb 18, 2011
- India's biggest women's grassroots chain connects to Africa - Jul 09, 2012
- US puts on hold Bangladesh ties over Yunus harassment - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahul lends an ear to 'empowered' Bangladeshi women - Aug 03, 2008
- Rahul Gandhi wraps up tour of Bangladesh - Aug 05, 2008
- Yunus remains Grameen Bank chief despite court verdicts - May 07, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi to study working of Grameen Bank - Aug 02, 2008
- Bangladesh's Grameen bank chief Yunus steps down - May 13, 2011
- Bangladesh apex court dismisses Grameen, Yunus appeals - May 05, 2011
- US asks Bangladesh to compromise with Yunus - Mar 20, 2011
- Yunus moves apex court against removal from Grameen Bank - Mar 09, 2011
- Mixed reactions to Yunus sacking - Mar 03, 2011