Rahul Gandhi and British foreign secretary Miliband to visit AmethiJanuary 13th, 2009 - 11:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Jan.13 (ANI): British Foreign Secretary David Miliband and Congress General Secretary and MP Rahul Gandhi will visit Amethi on a two-day tour, beginning Wednesday (Jan.14).
Miliband had desired to see the rural developmental activities in India during his meet with the Rahul Gandhi some time ago in United Kingdom. Rahul Gandhi invited him to visit his parliamentary constituency Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, where several schemes pertaining to cooperatives, self-help groups and healthcare have been launched in the recent years.
“Activities of the self-help groups, micro-finance schemes, literacy drive, health schemes among others will be shown to the visiting foreign dignitary and the delegates,” said a Congress party source.
Both the leaders are also scheduled to meet some of the beneficiaries of various schemes run through non-governmental organisations.
Another popular scheme in the recent times has been the introduction of cooperatives in the dairy sector and its revival in this belt of Uttar Pradesh. The dairy sector has been re-energised and milk is given to the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), giving a new scope for employment among the rural people.
“The success of the dairy scheme will also be shown to Miliband,” the source said.
Miliband arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit as a mark of solidarity with India against terrorism after attack on Mumbai.(ANI)
- Rahul Gandhi, Miliband to visit Amethi today - Jan 14, 2009
- Miliband to visit Amethi with Rahul - Jan 13, 2009
- Rahul to make three-day visit to Amethi - Nov 13, 2010
- Bill Gates visits Gandhi bastions with Rahul (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- With Rahul, Bill Gates visits Amethi and Rae Bareli (Roundup, Changing dateline) - May 11, 2010
- Bill Gates to visit Amethi with Rahul Gandhi Tuesday - May 11, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi to evaluate welfare schemes in Amethi - Jan 27, 2010
- Pakistan should nab terrorists: Miliband (Second Lead, Changing dateline) - Jan 15, 2009
- Rahul, Priyanka to visit Amethi Friday - Nov 19, 2009
- Miliband visits Rahul's constituency Amethi (Lead) - Jan 14, 2009
- Showcasing a 'pro-poor' agenda in tribal heartland - Jun 07, 2011
- Karnataka minister bats for micro-finance loans - Jun 17, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi visits Amethi - Apr 23, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh rape cases a serious matter, says Rahul Gandhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Gandhi takes Gates on whirlwind visit to Amethi, Rae Bareli - May 11, 2010
Tags: beneficiaries, congress party, cooperatives, dairy development, dairy sector, david miliband, finance schemes, foreign dignitary, general secretary, health schemes, micro finance, national dairy development board, New Delhi, non governmental organisations, parliamentary constituency, party source, rahul gandhi, secretary david, self help groups, solidarity