Rahmbos explosive style may be at odds with Obamas silken graceNovember 8th, 2008 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 8 (ANI): New US President-elect Barack Obamas decision to appoint Rahm Israel Emanuel as his chief of staff at the White House is seen in contrast with the atmosphere he (Obama) enforced during his speech at Chicago after he was declared elected in the Nov 4 presidential poll.
Emanuel has a reputation as one of the crudest and most profane politicians on the US national scene and is known for extreme partisanship. A section of the American media has reported that Emanuel had once briefly served in the Israeli Defence Forces and his father was a member of the Zionist terrorist group Irgun which killed many Palestinians and blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem before the creation of the Jewish state.
Besides, Emanuel is known for having strong ties to Israeli support groups, the Daily Times quoted a section of the US media as saying.
The Washington Post had recently published a letter from one William Samuel saying: How short-lived was the Obama campaigns promise of a new kind of politics. One of Senator Barack Obamas first acts as president-elect was to ask Rep of Illinois, chairman of the House, to be his chief of staff. Emanuel has a reputation as one of the crudest and most profane politicians on the national scene and is known for extreme partisanship. Emanuel could be Obamas Dick Cheney, but if this is a harbinger of how the Obama administration will do business, millions of Americans who voted for Obama are going to be sorely disappointed.
Another report in the same newspaper said, Emanuels flair for the well-timed verbal hand grenade or epithet or insult or, in one case, an actual dead fish has grown legendary during his 16-year career in politics. His explosive style has fueled a noisy migration up Pennsylvania Avenue, from White House fixer under Bill Clinton a House leadership position on Capitol Hill.
He swears a lot (he used the F word with former British prime minister Tony Blair) and he also yells a lot, and in his sentences his favourite expletive can serve as subject, verb or adjective when he is facing down either recalcitrant Democrats or Republican opponents. … To many Democrats, including some who are close to both men, Obamas choice of Emanuel to run the White House seems at odds with the atmosphere Obama enforced at his Chicago campaign headquarters, said reports appearing in American media. (ANI)
- Rahm Emanuel departs as White House Chief of Staff - Oct 02, 2010
- Rahm Emanuel ruled ineligible for appearing on mayor's ballot by Illinois appeals court - Jan 25, 2011
- US court disqualifies Emanuel from contesting Chicago's mayor post over residency issues - Jan 25, 2011
- Ex-aide Obama wins Chicago mayoral vote - Feb 23, 2011
- Rahm Emanuel Resigns As Chief Of Staff - Oct 02, 2010
- Illinois SC allows Rahm Emanuel to run for Chicago's Mayor post - Jan 28, 2011
- Obama faces uphill re-election climb, says ex-aide - Oct 10, 2011
- Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago Mayor bid with over 50 percent votes - Feb 23, 2011
- Illinois Appellate Court Bars Rahm Emanuel From Contesting In Elections For Mayor - Jan 25, 2011
- Five things you didn't know about Obama as President - Oct 04, 2010
- Mayor Daley Calls It Quits After 20 Years - Sep 08, 2010
- Rahm Emanuel Desires To Occupy The Post Of The Chicago Mayor - Apr 21, 2010
- World leaders congratulate Hollande - May 07, 2012
- Obama ropes in 3 Indian Americans for re-election campaign - Feb 24, 2012
- Eva Longoria and Kal Penn join Obama's re-election campaign - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: british prime minister, british prime minister tony blair, business millions, dead fish, dick cheney, explosive style, extreme partisanship, former british prime minister tony blair, grace washington, hand grenade, irgun, israeli defence forces, king david hotel, leadership position, minister tony blair, president elect, presidential poll, prime minister tony blair, tony blair, william samuel