Qatar Airways to start Doha-Amritsar flightsJune 11th, 2009 - 11:37 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravinder Singh Robin
Amritsar June 11 (ANI): Punjab’s Amritsar city would soon be linked to Qatar with the commencement of first direct flight from here to Doha city, courtesy Qatar Airways.
The Qatar Airways would be the first Airlines from Middle East airlines that will connect holy city Amritsar, the city of Golden Temple.
Qatar Airways currently operates 56 flights a week between Qatar and India with daily non-stop services to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode.
The addition of Amritsar and Goa will take Qatar Airways’ Indian capacity to 64 flights a week.
Sources said that Qatar Airways had advanced the launch of its two new Indian routes to Goa and Amritsar, which are now scheduled for October in time for the busy winter holidays.
Scheduled flights from Doha to Amritsar city will be launched on October 11 ahead of Diwali, the festival of lights.
On October 25, Goa will be connected to Doha city.
Sources informed that both routes would be operational non-stop four times a week from the airline’s hub in Doha.
The two-class Airbus A320s will be used on the routes.
The Doha-Amritsar flight will depart here on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sundays at 9.40 p.m.
Meanwhile sources at Airport informed that another Tehran based “Mahan Airlines” would also be commencing its flights from Amritsar in the first week of July. It would connect Amritsar to Tehran, U.K. , Germany and Dubai with its services. Mahan Airlines would operate three times in a week.
There are about 90 domestic and an International flights operating from Raja Sansi Airport at Amritsar. Due to lack of cargo and J class load, Singapore Airlines has withdrawn its service from Amritsar from February 4 this year. (ANI)
- Qatar Airways doubles its fleet - Mar 04, 2010
- Amritsar Airport may lose international passengers - Aug 06, 2010
- Qatar Airways to start Kolkata operations July 27 - Mar 10, 2011
- Singapore Airlines to launch daily flights to Myanmar - Sep 06, 2012
- Etihad Airways bags best airline award - Jan 13, 2012
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
- British airline to begin Amritsar-London flight - Sep 08, 2011
- Qatar Airways declared official airline partner for Indian Business Leaders Summit and Golf Tourname - Oct 06, 2010
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- Etihad Airways increases flights to Jeddah - Jan 19, 2011
- Book catches fascinating flight of Indian aviation - Mar 15, 2012
- SpiceJet links Thiruvananthapuram to Hyderabad, Chennai - Oct 07, 2011
- Qatar Airways to use synthetic fuel blend - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, amritsar city, amritsar flights, chennai hyderabad, city sources, direct flight, diwali, festival of lights, golden temple, holy city, international flights, j class, kochi, launch, mahan airlines, middle east airlines, qatar airways, singapore airlines, thiruvananthapuram, winter holidays