Punjab railways security strengthened following terror threatNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:34 am ICT by admin
A Punjab police official in Ferozepur District said the antecedents of the letter are being verified, and no chances are being taken.
“We have called for a meeting with the Railway Protection Force (RPF) and all senior station officers. We have installed metal detectors and undertaken all precautionary steps,” claimed Paramjit Singh Parmar, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has asked investigators not to jump make unsubstantiated statements.
Without naming any of the terrorist outfits, Badal said the police is working on several theories but has not got clues about the outfit that was behind the recent blast in Ludhiana.
The chief minister also assured the people of state that there was no room for terrorism in the state.
Police are on their toes after last Sunday’s blast at a cinema hall in Ludhiana in which at least six people were killed and 20 others injured.
The multiplex Shingar Cinema, was packed with about 600 people, mostly labourers from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
The blast coincided with the Eid festival. (ANI)
- Four Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested - Jul 18, 2010
- RPF amendment attempt to usurp states' powers: Jayalalithaa - Feb 29, 2012
- Record voting in Punjab, nearly 77 cast franchise (Intro Roundup) - Jan 31, 2012
- 3 lakh passengers, 300 trains stranded in eight states (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Over 77 percent voting in Punjab, one killed in violence (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- Ludhiana's four-lane bypass to be completed June 2011 - Aug 03, 2010
- Sabotage not ruled out in train fire: Roy - Jul 30, 2012
- Gang of car thieves nabbed in Punjab - Dec 12, 2010
- Patnaik opposes changes in RPF act - Feb 29, 2012
- Man opens fire at Ludhiana railway station, kills one (Lead) - Aug 25, 2009
- Mobs block trains, seek justice for 1984 riots victims (Second Lead) - Nov 06, 2009
- Three railway cops held for abducting tourist (Third Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Two railway cops held for abducting tourist (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Sushma Swaraj offers tribute to 7/11 terror attack victims in Mumbai - Jul 11, 2010
- Punjab police officer's body found at farmhouse - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: cinema hall, deputy superintendent, eid festival, jammu and kashmir, ludhiana, paramjit singh, parkash singh badal, precautionary steps, protection force, punjab chief minister, punjab police, railway manager, rpf, shingar, terrorist outfits, unsubstantiated statements, uttar pradesh